Paul McCartney in Dublin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul McCartney in Dublin!

Anyway,tomorrow, me and my son (or my son and I) are off to see the guy who used to play bass guitar with the Beatles. So you can stuff your fancy posh classical music rubbish - I'm going to hear some real music.

Sounds like a good father-and-son excursion Michael!
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

He was here in Phoenix recently too (boy, he gets around) and he was great! Here was his sequence of songs at the end of his concert. Was it the same when you saw him?

Yesterday
      Helter Skelter
      Sgt. Pepper's ( reprise )
      The End

He did lots and lots of Beatle's songs and did a wonderful job! What a show and it was a packed house!
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
        He was here in Phoenix recently too (boy, he gets around) and he was great! Here was his sequence of songs at the end of his concert. Was it the same when you saw him?

Yesterday
        Helter Skelter
        Sgt. Pepper's ( reprise )
        The End

He did lots and lots of Beatle's songs and did a wonderful job! What a show and it was a packed house!
        Yes, Joy, the ending was as described above - and the man sang for two and three-quarter hours without a break - even his band took a break while he continued solo with his guitar. My son and I were absolutely blown away. Being mad Beatle fans, we would have paid money just to see Paul McCartney blow his nose - but we did not expect this epic show. The voice was spot on, his playing was brilliant and the huge rugby stadium was absolutely packed with people of all ages. I am convinced he extended his show when he realised the feedback he was getting from this huge audience.
        He looked about twenty up there!
        He was performing the following night in another concert in the Isle of Wight -which was broadcast live - and he was distinctly hoarser. But we got him at his best!

Comment

OK, but who was the bass guitar player you mentioned at the start of this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
            OK, but who was the bass guitar player you mentioned at the start of this thread?
            It certainly wasn't Stuart Sutcliffe.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Yes, Joy, the ending was as described above - and the man sang for two and three-quarter hours without a break - even his band took a break while he continued solo with his guitar. My son and I were absolutely blown away. Being mad Beatle fans, we would have paid money just to see Paul McCartney blow his nose - but we did not expect this epic show. The voice was spot on, his playing was brilliant and the huge rugby stadium was absolutely packed with people of all ages. I am convinced he extended his show when he realised the feedback he was getting from this huge audience.
              He looked about twenty up there!
              He was performing the following night in another concert in the Isle of Wight -which was broadcast live - and he was distinctly hoarser. But we got him at his best!
              Sounds like you saw a great show too. I'm a huge Beatle's fan also and I'm glad to see that he still has it!!!

[/I]
              'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

For you Paul McCartney fans, I think you will quite like this:

http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2...ying-hyde.html

Comment

Well the show has started- 30 minutes ago.

http://www.youtube.com/bornhivfree?feature=ticker

Comment

Working...
                  X