take a look at the new house...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take a look at the new house...

I am hoping to get. It is for part time living during the spring and summers. Just felt like mentioning it, probably because I am pretty excited and because I was wondering if any of you have any experience with boats?

http://www.yournewboat.com/79Jamesto...owner14x52.pdf
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Looks great fun Preston and a nice idea - good luck!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

That's exciting! What will you name the boat?

Comment

MacGyver lived in a houseboat, which means it must be a good idea!

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I am somewhat new to boating. Though, I am lucky because I have a lake lot that my grandfather (who has passed) bought for $18,000 which is now around $450,000+! He bought it many years ago and the area has boomed real estate wise, in a suttle way. There is a house on the lot which my mother is moving too. So, since I would rather not live with her when I go to visit her (which will be often), I will stay in the house boat on the lake. I just need my own space, !

The boat is old and will need some work, though not too much. I was shocked when I first found out that a 1977 house boat was $30,000. Though, the more I looked into it the more I found it was true. The reason why is because of the tanks, central heat and air, the hull, electricity, etc. The newer pontoon house boats are quite, quite pricey.

Originally posted by Peter View Post
          Looks great fun Preston and a nice idea - good luck!
          Thanks Peter. I could not agree more. It is surprising how many people actually live on houseboats on the lake I will be living on! They have huge docks for the boats, and, good positive communities.
          Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
          That's exciting! What will you name the boat?
          I do not know. For some reason anything big I get I think of naming it of something to do with classical music. I thought of naming a Husky I was going to get, Ludwig. Then backed off of that name because I felt I was disrepecting Beethoven instead of respecting him. I could name the house boat Beethoven, and then get the labels specially made with the font of Beethoven's handwriting? Such as the B would look like the handwriting of Beethoven's signature, and so on. I really don't know though?
          Originally posted by Chris View Post
          LOL!
          Last edited by Preston; 05-26-2010, 08:00 PM. Reason: grammar corrections

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            Thanks Chris. I think it is a good idea. Free from the city life of stress and worry, for a lot of the part. Just peace and relaxation with friends and family. I could work a full time job, but then I would have no peace, ! So I settle for less money, though, less stress. Either way, I am not exactly the type that wants a new car (in-fact I refuse to buy new cars!), house, lot, etc. Just the beauty of nature, life, and most of all enjoyment.
            Last edited by Preston; 05-27-2010, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
              Thanks Chris. I think it is a good idea. Free from the city life of stress and worry, for a lot of the part. Just peace and relaxation with friends and family. I could work a full time job, but then I would have no peace, ! So I settle for less money, though, less stress. Either way, I am not exactly the type that wants a new car (in-fact I refuse to buy new cars!), house, lot, etc. Just the beauty of nature, life, and most of all enjoyment.
              My philosophy entirely and fortunately I do live in a small quaint olde worlde English town with countryside all round - quite a haven in the densely populated south of the country.
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                My philosophy entirely and fortunately I do live in a small quaint olde worlde English town with countryside all round - quite a haven in the densely populated south of the country.
                Amen Peter, and beautiful, quite beautiful.

Comment

You could always name it something like "Eroica".

Comment

Good thinking Sorrano! That name is now in the top 3, and I do not even know what the other two would be. That definitely might end up as the name of the boat.

The HEROIC boat!

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Or, if you intend travelling to Australia, the "Coral" ...................

Comment

Well , it certainly has all the home comforts, Preston.

If I win the lottery, I would love to buy a riverboat.

Will you be moored most of the time?

Last edited by Megan; 05-29-2010, 05:01 AM.
                        ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                          Will you be moored most of the time?

Thank you Megan. I will be moored a lot of the time, though, a lot of the time I will be cruising around the lake. I cannot leave the boat docked on my family's dock at all times. So, I will be docking at a near by marina, also. That will be good because there are a lot of people at the marina and hopefully I will meet some of them.

If I win the lottery, I would love to by a riverboat.
                          Now what kind of house boat are you talking about buying, !

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                            Thank you Megan. I will be moored a lot of the time, though, a lot of the time I will be cruising around the lake. I cannot leave the boat docked on my family's dock at all times. So, I will be docking at a near by marina, also. That will be good because there are a lot of people at the marina and hopefully I will meet some of them.

Now what kind of house boat are you talking about buying, !

I know next to nothing about boats, but I would fancy a modest sized pleasure boat, so I can pootle up and down the river Avon, now that I am retired. There are some really tranquil beauty spots on the river and canals.

Similar to this boat:

‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                              I know next to nothing about boats, but I would fancy a modest sized pleasure boat, so I can pootle up and down the river Avon, now that I am retired. There are some really tranquil beauty spots on the river and canals.
                              Megan, if it takes you winning the lottery- then it sounds like it might not happen. Though, I really recommend that you look at nice, comfy, good feeling, etc.- older boat. Your greatest dreams may not happen, though, you can make a less expensive boat- happen!

One of the neat things, IMO, is that you can fix up an older boat. Such as, take out the carpet and put new carpet or hardwood floors in, change furniture, painting, etc. Just fixing the boat up, to- your taste- makes a huge difference.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X