Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting Beethoven

Hello again everyone.

I have been busy with triumph and tragedy.

I'm presently attempting to paint a well known black and white sketch of Beethoven stood by a piano.
    Mine will have more colour.

Anyone here tried sketching or painting him?

http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

Maurice, it is interesting that you mention this. I just finished taking a continuing education course at the local college. In the course we painted a portrait. I highly thought about painting Beethoven!
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

In one of my high school art classes, back in the early 1970s, I did an art project on the topic of Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony. I included a portrait of Beethoven I did as a one-line contour drawing. I was rather proud of this work and my art teacher wanted to enter it in a city wide high school art class exhibition. I only wish I took a photo of my Beethoven art project. Unfortunately during my high school's Easter vacation the art department's room was broken into and many art supplies and projects were stolen, including my Beethoven art piece. God knows where my Beethoven artwork project has ended up...
      "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Hi Preston, maybe now you will have a go at a sketch or portrait of Beethoven? Why not, it may be a rewarding experience.
        Hollywood, well done.Sorry to hear it was stolen! Two of my John Lennons were stolen. By a guy who had bought the first!
        I too did a sketch of Beethoven circa 1970 and it was on our front/music room for a decade. Then in a shed here in Ireland where the damp destroyed it! I also painted a couple of copies of the famous Beethoven portrait where he is writing in woodland. One was sold to a Beethoven fan, an electrician, and the other.............?

My portrait is still being developed, as things keep getting in the way of my painting. You may see it if it turns out ok, but if it doesn't, it's fuel! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          Unfortunately during my high school's Easter vacation the art department's room was broken into and many art supplies and projects were stolen, including my Beethoven art piece. God knows where my Beethoven artwork project has ended up...
          I think I saw it in Vienna!

(Sorry - it's not funny.)

Comment

I'm no artist (my brother is, and 2 of my daughters, how unfair is that?) but I did a pencil sketch last year and to my surprise it is actually recognisable as the Maestro! (Maybe because it was done with love )
            My misfortune is doubly painful, I was bound to be misunderstood. LvB

Comment

Working...
            X