No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen this? Chris?

I have seen it twice, and think it is, visually speaking, the greatest film ever made.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Originally posted by Preston View Post
    Has anyone seen this? Chris?

I have seen it twice, and think it is, visually speaking, the greatest film ever made.
    Have you seen it in 3D, Preston? I was tempted to go but my local cinema doesn't have this facility.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Have you seen it in 3D, Preston?
      Yes, both times. The 3D is mind blowing for this movie. The movie itself is almost 3 hours in length. The planet, Pandora, is a planet of such immense natural beauty that I could just sit there and watch it for hours, which I did!

To be frank, if Pandora existed- I believe I would like to live there! The Navi have an extremely close bond with nature through their "halo". They love the their planet to the death, unlike, a large majority of people on Earth today. They claim to love Earth, yet, if they do- why is Earth practically being deforested?

At first I was skeptical about the 3D, seeing as I had never seen a movie in 3D. Now, I believe that certain movies should be in 3D while others should not. The environments are very realistic and beautifully done.

Comment

They're also showing it on IMAX screens at various theaters. If you can watch it in IMAX 3-D, it's worth whatever extra charge they slap on. Beautiful, beautiful, and totally absorbing, despite the fact that plot and the dialog are weak.

Comment

My daughter and her boyfriend travelled out of town to see it and have been raving about it since. Our local cinema hasn't even got 2D let alone 3D!

Comment

My daughter and her boyfriend travelled out of town to see it and have been raving about it since. Our local cinema hasn't even got 2D let alone 3D!
            So all movies there are shown on a line instead of a screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              So all movies there are shown on a line instead of a screen?

Just trying to convey how bad our cinema is, soundwise and picturewise. No wonder I invested in Blu-Ray. And now that's out of date, if you are to believe all the TV waffle since "Avatar" came out.

Comment

My daughter and her boyfriend travelled out of town to see it and have been raving about it since.
                I am sure it was worth the drive. It is a great 3D movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                  I'm tempted to see this film, but what I find a little off-putting is the emphasis on the "technique" rather than the content.
                  The content could blow your mind. Watching the movie is like being on an entirely different world. It is three hours in length, and, every scene has new art and environments.

The story is not LotR, but, it is still quite good, to my mind. It makes a good point also. The point is that we are killing off the naturalness of our Earth and killing Earth in the process, primarily because of corruption, and, the Navi' are the complete opposite. Although, unlike human beings they have a way to commune with their environment. Which, is probably why we are killing Earth, because, we do not have a way to commune, on such a deep level, with Earth.

Is anyone else seeing red all over the forum? Is this a new forum theme? Is there anyway to keep the "classic" blues? I find the red to be bright and bothersome, that is just me of course, .

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                    Is anyone else seeing red all over the forum? Is this a new forum theme? Is there anyway to keep the "classic" blues? I find the red to be bright and bothersome, that is just me of course, .
                    I quite like red.

Comment

Each to their own.
                      Last edited by Preston; 01-22-2010, 04:19 AM. Reason: wrong smiley

Comment

Not yet, I hope to this week sometime.
                        I think, and hope, you will be impressed.

Comment

Peter, talking about the war in the other thread I was wondering if you have seen this movie? It has some very interesting points regarding the War on Terror - very similar story, in other words. And, it is a beautiful movie, .

Comment

Working...
                          X