My Dog Likes to Listen To ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dog Likes to Listen To ......

I have pinched this idea from a BBC website (I hope they don't sue). I have taken just one of their suggestions to start off and promise not to use any more from them.
    So, here goes:

My dog likes to listen to: anything by J. S. Bark

Now, my own suggestion: Mozart's K.9

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I have pinched this idea from a BBC website (I hope they don't sue). I have taken just one of their suggestions to start off and promise not to use any more from them.
    So, here goes:

My dog likes to listen to: anything by J. S. Bark

Now, my own suggestion: Mozart's K.9
    You mean Woofgang Mozart?

Puppy Love (Paul Anka/Donny Osmond).

Comment

My dog's favourite singer is Bone-o from U2.

Comment

My dog loves "The Dalmation of Faust".

Comment

Not to mention "Corgi and Bess".

(Which suggests a certain monarch ....)

(And which also suggests that I haven't much else to do today ...)
          Last edited by Michael; 03-20-2009, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Fido and Aeneas
            ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

The Bitch is back. {Elton John}
              ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                The Bitch is back. {Elton John}

Just listening to his greatest hits not an hour ago.

Comment

Diamond Dogs (1975) by David Bow Wow Wowie...

Comment

All you dog lovers! What about my cat and his favoutite composer Katchaturian?
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

My dog's favourite opera:
                      Fido-lio...

Comment

My cat likes - JSBach's To ccatas.

Comment

Strangely enough, the only genuine piece of doggie music that I can think of was written by a composer called Beethoven:
                          Wo110 "Elegy on the Death of a Poodle" (and this is not a wind-up!) The words are by "anon" who, I should say, was happy to remain that way. Here is a small but lethal sample:
                          "Even before they wither in the midday heat
                          Death often begins to cut them down in their prime
                          I grieve for you, a mere creature, created to bring me joy."

If only the NSPCA were around in the 1790's.

On a much more elevated note is the same composer's Pastoral Symphony containing the "German Shepherds Song of Thanksgiving after the Storm".

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Strangely enough, the only genuine piece of doggie music that I can think of was written by a composer called Beethoven:
                            Wo110 "Elegy on the Death of a Poodle" (and this is not a wind-up!) The words are by "anon" who, I should say, was happy to remain that way. Here is a small but lethal sample:
                            "Even before they wither in the midday heat
                            Death often begins to cut them down in their prime
                            I grieve for you, a mere creature, created to bring me joy."

If only the NSPCA were around in the 1790's.

On a much more elevated note is the same composer's Pastoral Symphony containing the "German Shepherds Song of Thanksgiving after the Storm".

Well, Mike, I reckon all your brilliant suggestions have been 'lifted' from that BBC website! I mean, they are just too good, man...

But you are forgetting (probably wisely) Lita Roza's UK no.1 hit from the spring of 1953: How Much is That Doggie in the Window? Definitely a 'doggie song' if ever there were one......Woof! Woof!

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                              Well, Mike, I reckon all your brilliant suggestions have been 'lifted' from that BBC website! I mean, they are just too good, man...

Thanks, but I've only come up with two or three and I deliberately didn't look past the first couple of messages on the BBC thread. I have now looked at the lot and there are some really great ones, including one or two that came up here. (Somebody else got my favourite as well - the Faust one). Here is the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbradio3/F6...thread=3906607

Incidentally, how can you type in blue? You should do it on the Beethoven 7 thread.
                              Last edited by Michael; 03-23-2009, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X