Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, Megan? You left out a noun and Philip pounced!

As the Bard would put it:

"I had as lief no deignful blotte denied
    As leaping o'er a throstle in my lethe
    How sharper than a serpent's thanks
    It is to have a toothless child."

(And he can't spell "heap" - Philip, that is, not Shakespeare - unless he was referring to David Copperfield.)
    Last edited by Michael; 02-02-2010, 01:06 AM. Reason: ague

Comment

"I had thought that nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well; they imitated humanity so abominably". (Hamlet)

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
        Me too, I share your love of Shakespeare. Elizabethan spelling and syntax was always a problem for me, too.
        Me like William. You like William? You me tell later, Megan. You add icon; We heep big laugh share later. Out, damned out, spot. Or something like that.

Mockery will get you nowhere Philip. You don't need to be, or not to be, an expert in Shakespeare. It is not a winter of discontent of language, but a glorious summer.
        Are you an educated man? or, do you sign your name like a plain and honest dealing man? Do not ask me why, for I will give you no cause for it.
        Ignorance is darkness, which is why I am cast in this prison! Our revels now are ended. Shall there be no more cakes and ales?

‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
          Mockery will get you nowhere Philip. You don't need to be, or not to be, an expert in Shakespeare. It is not a winter of discontent of language, but a glorious summer.
          Are you an educated man? or, do you sign your name like a plain and honest dealing man? Do not ask me why, for I will give you no cause for it.
          Ignorance is darkness, which is why I am cast in this prison! Our revels now are ended. Shall there be no more cakes and ales?

I think he exited, pursued by a bear. (No offence, Megan!)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Reading "Richard II" by Bill Shakespeare. I recently bought the BBC DVD edition of all the plays and am viewing them in (approximate) order of composition. I then pull out my trusty Pelican edition and read the text. It beats the "Beano" any day!
            Billy Shakespeare is not such a literary giant as Billy Whizz, as you well know Michael. And for your insolence, I'm not now going to send you the red-and-black striped, Dennis The Menace jumper I was knitting you for Christmas...

Comment

Was it Biffo The Bear?

Comment

Yes, it does seem rather quiet in here.
                ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                  Was it Biffo The Bear?

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                    Was it Biffo The Bear?

(I can't do the dancing laugh. Arthritis.)

Comment

(I can't do the dancing laugh. Arthritis.)
                      I can't speak for Arthur Itis, but Simon Smith had an Amazing Dancing Bear...

Comment

Megan, you look like a manic alarm clock!..

Comment

See, Megan? You left out a noun and Philip pounced!
                          Allez, allez ... !! I was kidding, you know. Sacré bleu, do all my attempts at humour always fall so flat?

Comment

Mockery will get you nowhere Philip.
                            Allez, Mégane, I was joking. My pedantry (Philip the Pedant - where did I pick up this moniker? Don't answer that.) I use like salt : not too much, just comme il faut.
                            Last edited by Quijote; 02-02-2010, 04:27 PM. Reason: Pedantry. There are worse sins.

Comment

An Avatar for Philip

I have designed an Avatar for Philip. My first attempt.
                              Hope you like it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have designed an Avatar for Philip. My first attempt.
                                Hope you like it.
                                Why thank you, Megan!

Comment

Working...
                                X