BBC: Planet Earth and Blue Planet: Seas of Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC: Planet Earth and Blue Planet: Seas of Life

Just wanted to mention that this is one the most spectacular and beautiful documentary's I have ever scene. BBC does seem to come through with a lot of really good quality things. Has anyone seen these and like it?

It is narrated by David Attenborough and I think he does an excellent job. In the American version, that apparently Discovery Channel bought from BBC, they use Sigourney Weaver, not nearly as good in my opinion. I don't know if they still show it anymore on TV seeing as it has been out for sometime, but if you like nature, then you should probably watch these. Planet Earth, for instance, shows you some of the most amazing photography and spectacular scenery from all over the world!

Here is the link to the set I have, http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Earth-B...1996939&sr=8-3 .
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Yes this is an example of what the BBC does well and David Attenborough is of course superb - did you see his Life on Earth series? That first screened here in 1979!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

No I have not seen the "Life on Earth" series. What exactly is about? Glad that you liked the Planet Earth and Blue Planet series! They are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
        No I have not seen the "Life on Earth" series. What exactly is about? Glad that you liked the Planet Earth and Blue Planet series! They are great.
        It was a ground breaking new series with such memorable scenes as Attenborough's encounter with the Gorillas. Made in 1979, it was an award winning series that set the format for future productions of wild-life programmes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_Earth_(TV_series)
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Very interesting Peter. I read the writeup on Wikipedia, and it was fascinating.

Will probably comment more on this later, .

Comment

Working...
          X