still no General Discussion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still no General Discussion...

Peter, I still think that this would be a good idea to at least try. Maybe it will attract more users and give some more Beethovians. It can't hurt to try this can it? I know that some people were against but let's give it a shot. I doubt that it will take away talk about the master.

It would also give a chance for the forum members to get to know each other better.
    Last edited by Preston; 01-12-2009, 06:12 PM.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Well Preston we already have this forum where you can do that as well as private messages that forum members can send. If we allow this in the main forum it will lose its focus. I agree membership needs to expand but this has more to do with the lousy position the site has on Google which I have tried hard to improve but to little effect. Perhaps we should change the title of the comments and suggestions forum to members discussion area? Any thoughts Chris?
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

I really doubt anyone is going to come here just for general discussion. And controversial topics and arguments that come up in general discussion could drive away people who only want to discuss music.

I don't really think changing the name of this forum will affect anything, but if you want to try it, I'll change it.

Comment

Please don't think me being pushy, I just thought it might be worth a shot. Entirely up to y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
          Please don't think me being pushy, I just thought it might be worth a shot. Entirely up to y'all!
          Not at all Preston - we will be making some changes soon. This forum (comments and suggestions) will become a more general social forum along the lines you suggest. Several members in the past have expressed a wish for this facility. The main forum will be renamed the Beethoven forum and will remain devoted to Beethoven and classical music. Sadly the cd exchange forum hasn't worked out and it will vanish into the ether!
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Behold the new names of stuff!

Comment

WOW! What a surprise. I just got to the forum for the first time today (late night, to much Beethoven and wine) and saw the changes! Hopefully everyone will participate, when they feel like it ofcourse! Let's hope that it works out.

I do encourage all members to participate in the discussions if they have the chance, but if you don't want to then that is fine.

I will post something a little later.

Danke Peter and Chris,
              Preston

Comment

Working...
              X