how to make a website link in a word???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to make a website link in a word???

I am wondering how to take a website link and make it so that a word can be clicked on but it really take you to the website. For instance, if I wrote, the website can be found "here", and when you click on here it will take you to the website. I hope this makes sense because it was kind of hard for me to explain. Thank you deeply in advance.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Originally posted by Preston View Post
    I am wondering how to take a website link and make it so that a word can be clicked on but it really take you to the website. For instance, if I wrote, the website can be found "here", and when you click on here it will take you to the website. I hope this makes sense because it was kind of hard for me to explain. Thank you deeply in advance.
    The code for creating a link is like this:

{URL="http://www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk"}Click here{/URL}

Except that you have to use square brackets instead of curly ones. The URL I have there is where the link will lead, the "Click here" text I have there will be the text that will show up in the message.

The editor pretty much takes care of all of that for you, however. When you are composing a message, look at the buttons with the font controls above where you are typing. You will see an icon that looks like a little planet earth with a chain link. Click this and you will get a box that lets you type in a URL. It will put that in your message and highlight were you need to type if you want to use some custom link text. So just start typing the text you want and it will go in the right place.

Comment

The Beethoven Reference Site

Thank you, Chris. So that is code?
      Last edited by Preston; 04-23-2007, 01:58 AM.
      - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
      X