Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven Sonata Scores!

Dear Peter,
    I have stumbled across a site which has the scores for all of Beethoven Sonatas. Would you be interested to add this to the links page for the purposes of study reference for students and others. See what you think.
    http://www.dlib.indiana.edu/variatio.../sco10252.html

Sorry, but the address for the first page wouldn't work, but as you would realise you can use the black arrows to go back to the beginning or forward.

------------------
    ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 10-31-2004).]
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Thanks for the recommendation Amalie but they say themselves that they cannot guarantee keeping this resource available, and as I'm not familiar with this Ricordi 1919 edition I'd be reluctant to recommend it. By far the best Beethoven edition is Henle Verlag Urtext which any serious student should have access to in libraries or music shops and doubtless can be ordered on line.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      Thanks for the recommendation Amalie but they say themselves that they cannot guarantee keeping this resource available, and as I'm not familiar with this Ricordi 1919 edition I'd be reluctant to recommend it. By far the best Beethoven edition is Henle Verlag Urtext which any serious student should have access to in libraries or music shops and doubtless can be ordered on line.

========

Thankyou Peter for looking into this important issue of access to the original scores. I happened to stumble across this site, which I thought students could print off. I am sure theHenle Verlag Urtext ones you refer to are the absolute last word on Beethoven scores. I needed your opinion.

------------------
      ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 10-31-2004).]
      ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Working...
      X