Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10,000 posts!

Congratulations to the moderators!
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Hear,hear my sentiments exactly!
    "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Thanks, but I think we've only moderated about a dozen messages out of the whole lot. By its nature, this board does not require much moderation beyond the occasional troll banning.

Actually, I'm going to have to move this thread to the Comments and Suggestions forum. After all, it exists for threads just like this

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
        Thanks, but I think we've only moderated about a dozen messages out of the whole lot. By its nature, this board does not require much moderation beyond the occasional troll banning.

Actually, I'm going to have to move this thread to the Comments and Suggestions forum. After all, it exists for threads just like this
        Troll banning?
        "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Yes, a "troll" is someone who posts on a message board for the explicit purpose of causing trouble. "Banning" (as you may know already) is the removing a person's ability to post.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:
            Congratulations to the members! (or at least the select few of the 800+ who bother to post something).

------------------
            "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
            http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Plus getting the backups together and moving the whole thing to a new domain or server or whatever it was. Plus fixing the occasional bug. Chris, methinks the moderator hides his light behind a bushel too much.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Great work in keeping this board going! This is a great place for me to keep up on some of the more important things to me, such as music in general, and more specifically, music of one of my favorite persons in the world.

Comment

Plus getting the backups together and moving the whole thing to a new domain or server or whatever it was. Plus fixing the occasional bug. Chris, methinks the moderator hides his light behind a bushel too much.
                  I actually would have had to do a lot of that stuff anyway, since I keep more than just the forums online. I had my own server for that specific purpose, but now it doesn't work. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, since I built it out of spare parts from computers I've owned over the years, and there must have been some reason I stopped using them in the first place

Well, I'll get around to fixing it one of these days.

Comment

I actually would have had to do a lot of that stuff anyway, since I keep more than just the forums online. I had my own server for that specific purpose, but now it doesn't work. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, since I built it out of spare parts from computers I've owned over the years, and there must have been some reason I stopped using them in the first place

Well, I'll get around to fixing it one of these days.
                    My son is a networking engineer and in his home has several servers built from old computers his family have given him when the machines go obsolete (nothing seems to go obsolete faster than a computer!). It is weird to walk into his home workroom and see two or three of one's old computers humming along in the subdued green lighting, resurrected piecemeal and ghoulishly hooked together like Frankenstein's monsters.

[This message has been edited by Chaszz (edited February 07, 2003).]

Comment

Working...
                    X