Beethoven Sonata Op.14 no2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven Sonata Op.14 no2

Hi there, I am currently practising the Piano Sonata Op.14 no.2 and have a question. Could anyone recommend a recording by a good artist(s) or where I could find essays on this particular sonata? Thanks!

I have a recording by John Lill which I rather like. You could also go to the links page here and click on Schnabel where you should be able to hear it - I think you'll find his tempi surprisingly fast!

I doubt that you will find an essay on it because though charming, it isn't a very major work, but there are some notes on the sonata page of this site and if you are interested in an anaylsis of the sonata, Tovey's companion to the Beethoven sonatas is a must!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

I have Jeno Jando's Naxos recording and I think it's one of his best sonata performances, Both of the op 14 sonatas are played with wit and panache. Highly recommended, and not badly priced either.
      op 78, 90 and 101 are also on this record.

Comment

Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated! This piece is not easy to play, it has many subtleties that must be brought out and man is it tough to get that legato perfect!! Quite a challenge artistically.

Comment

Working...
        X