No announcement yet.

First piece of Beethoven music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me the first one to get my attention and to get me close to him was his 5th sym.
    My mother went on a trip to NY with my father and she bought there the 9th,the 5th with the 2nd, the 3rd with the 8th and tchaikovsky's 4th with the 1812 ov, all on a sale by sony classical.
    I once was going to put a cd on the living room's cd player and I tought I had a cd already in, but it was the 5th, so I skipped to the third track, thinking it was my cd, and the tam-tam-tam-tam of the horns in the scherzo caught me.
    I've been ever since grateful for not being my cd on that player
    "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Many moons ago when I was in the 4th grade, it was a very rainy day and our teacher had us spend our recess time in the classroom. To entertain us she turned on the radio to a classical music station so we could listen to the music while we drew pictures. The piece being performed was Beethoven's Sym.#5. I was hooked on Beethoven right then and there. It was love at first sight, or should I say, hearing. It was the beginning of a beautiful and wonderful love and appreciation of not only Beethoven's music, but also of other composers, including Mozart, Bach, Handel, Schubert, Vivaldi, Haydn, etc., etc.

Thank you, Mrs. Kramer, for turning on that radio station. And thank you, Mother Nature, for that very rainy day back when I was in the 4th grade!

Comment

Andrea,what a touching tribute.
        "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
          Many moons ago when I was in the 4th grade, it was a very rainy day and our teacher had us spend our recess time in the classroom. To entertain us she turned on the radio to a classical music station so we could listen to the music while we drew pictures. The piece being performed was Beethoven's Sym.#5. I was hooked on Beethoven right then and there. It was love at first sight, or should I say, hearing. It was the beginning of a beautiful and wonderful love and appreciation of not only Beethoven's music, but also of other composers, including Mozart, Bach, Handel, Schubert, Vivaldi, Haydn, etc., etc.

Thank you, Mrs. Kramer, for turning on that radio station. And thank you, Mother Nature, for that very rainy day back when I was in the 4th grade!

In my 3rd grade we had a music appreciation class. I remember learning about "Papa" Haydn, but hardly much of Beethoven. However, from that point forwards the opening notes of the 5th Symphony were indelibly pressed into my mind to the point I had to search for the work they initiated. I knew it was Beethoven but I could not remember why I knew that. I suspect I heard it in my 3rd grade class.

Comment

Working...
          X