german movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

german movie

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a German movie titled 'Beethoven-Days in a Life'. It was made back in 1976 and stars Donatas Benionis as Beethoven. I'd love to know is it is out on VHS or DVD (or PAL). I have several movies on B but would like to know more aout this one and any other films.

I have never heard of that particular video but I have some worth mentioning. "Beethoven The Sound and The Fury" a pretty good biography. "Beethoven" A film by Hans Conrad Fischer, His life and music told mainly through portraits. "Beethoven Triumph Over Adversity" This explores the impact that Beethoven's deafness had in shaping his music. "The Life, Times, and Music of Beethoven" Mostly music through watching paintings of the lives and work of Beethoven and his time. "Beethoven Lives Upstairs" a very good movie that has to do with him working on the 9th Symphony with a lot of facts thrown in for good measure. Also I have 'live' performances of his music, Fidelio, music appreciation videos of his works. Try your local library, they have some very good videos. What videos do you have, Heidi? I'm always interesting in collecting more.

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
      I have never heard of that particular video but I have some worth mentioning. "Beethoven The Sound and The Fury" a pretty good biography. "Beethoven" A film by Hans Conrad Fischer, His life and music told mainly through portraits. "Beethoven Triumph Over Adversity" This explores the impact that Beethoven's deafness had in shaping his music. "The Life, Times, and Music of Beethoven" Mostly music through watching paintings of the lives and work of Beethoven and his time. "Beethoven Lives Upstairs" a very good movie that has to do with him working on the 9th Symphony with a lot of facts thrown in for good measure. Also I have 'live' performances of his music, Fidelio, music appreciation videos of his works. Try your local library, they have some very good videos. What videos do you have, Heidi? I'm always interesting in collecting more.

Hello Joy,

I have quite a few of the films you listed, mostly biogrphies. As for movies depicting Beethoven, I do have 'Beethoven Lives Upstairs', 'Immortal Beloved'(it's what sparked my interested but later found it is not very accurate and Gary Oldman is to skinny to play Beethoven), 'Beethoven's Nephew' ( I hated it) and Abel Glance's 'Beethoven' (very old French film). I saw something on Ebay reguarding the German movie. I am always looking for movies and films on Beethoven (and books). Maybe someday we will be lucky and one will be made.

Comment

I have some stills from the Abel Gance"Un grand amour de Beethoven",do you know the name of this actor(I'm afraid I'm not up on my French Films)He makes a splendid looking Beethoven,was he as good an actor?
        "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by heidi:
          Hello Joy,

I have quite a few of the films you listed, mostly biogrphies. As for movies depicting Beethoven, I do have 'Beethoven Lives Upstairs', 'Immortal Beloved'(it's what sparked my interested but later found it is not very accurate and Gary Oldman is to skinny to play Beethoven), 'Beethoven's Nephew' ( I hated it) and Abel Glance's 'Beethoven' (very old French film). I saw something on Ebay reguarding the German movie. I am always looking for movies and films on Beethoven (and books). Maybe someday we will be lucky and one will be made.
          I didn't like 'Beethoven's nephew' either. I haven't seen Abel Gances's film, is it any good? What does it focus on mainly? I agree that a thorough Beethoven documentary (not Hollywoodish type of a film) needs to be made. A factual biography depicting his life and music. I don't know if that'll ever happen! I had read that in the year 2000 they were going to film an authentic Beethoven documentary but for some reason that never came to pass! Pity!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited May 14, 2003).]

Comment

I found the following info. on the Internet Movie Database, but it looks like there isn't a recording available.

Beethoven - Tage aus einem Leben (1976)

Directed by
            Horst Seemann

Writing credits
            Franz Jahrow
            Günter Kunert
            (more)

Genre: Drama (more)

Credited cast:
            Donatas Banionis .... Ludwig van Beethoven
            Stefan Lisewski .... Johann van Beethoven
            Renate Richter .... Sekretär Beethoven's
            Eberhard Esche .... Josephine Brunswiek
            Fred Delmare .... Mälzel
            Katja Paryla .... Hauhälterin Johanna
            Marita Böhme .... Konzertsängerin S.
            Dirk Nawrocki .... Neffe Karl
            Leon Niemczyk .... Rasumowski
            rest of cast listed alphabetically
            Herwart Grosse
            Rolf Hoppe
            Erika Pelikowsky
            Hans Teuscher .... (also voice)
            Gerry Wolff (I)
            Günter Wolf
            (more)

Also Known As:
            Beethoven-Days in a Life (1976) (International: English title)
            Compositeur, Der (1976) (East Germany)
            Runtime: 108 min
            Language: German
            Color: Color
            Sound Mix: Mono
            Certification: Finland:S / West Germany:12
            Cocchini

Comment

Working...
            X