Authentic page - Op.1nr.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris:
    Yes, right-click and choose "save target as" and you can save it to your computer.
    Thanks, Peter. That works.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      How would you compare the Beaux Arts version with the current mp3?
      The Beaux Arts version is also my recording of choice, and I most definately prefer it to this one. It seems to me that any kind of piece that has a solo string instrument in it shows period instruments at their worst. The violin and cello come so much more alive with modern instruments. Oddly enough, when several violins (or cellos or whatever) play together, this does not seem to be the case, and depending on the context, the reverse can often be true. Just my opinion, of course.

Originally posted by Chaszz:
      Thanks, Peter. That works.
      You're welcome "Rod"

Comment

The Beaux Arts version is also my recording of choice, and I most definately prefer it to this one. It seems to me that any kind of piece that has a solo string instrument in it shows period instruments at their worst. The violin and cello come so much more alive with modern instruments. Oddly enough, when several violins (or cellos or whatever) play together, this does not seem to be the case, and depending on the context, the reverse can often be true. Just my opinion, of course.
        Of couse to someone like me the sound of conventional steely sounding stringed instruments has become increasingly unbearable as I have become more accustomed to authentic instrument music. The old stringing has a velvety texture that at the same time can produce an engaging dry 'rasp' that modern strings can never seem to reproduce. Then add the cursed vibrato on top (which seems to sound more pronounced on high-tension stringing)and it's all too much for my finely tuned ears (or at least the one ear that is not ringing with tinitus!).

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited May 03, 2003).]
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Could we have all the movements of the works presented in this section? It's an amazing experience, value a complete register in our folders. : )

Comment

The point is to give you a sample so that if you like it, you can go out and buy the CD.

Comment

The point is to give you a sample so that if you like it, you can go out and buy the CD.
              Yes, this is the ultimate point of providing these mp3s, the more people buy such music the more the CD labels will be encouraged to make further releases of this kind. We are already on a dodgy legal footing releasing just single movements, whole works would be out of order really. Our (hopefully) saving grace being the free advertising and exposure we provide. A lot of the stuff I plan to present is no-longer available in the catalogue however, the fashion (if ever there was such a thing) for period instrument Beethoven recordings having dwindled somewhat.

------------------
              "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
              http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
              X