Rod & Chaszz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod & Chaszz

Rod & Chaszz, Thank you so much for your quick response to the Lone Ranger theme music. I surely do appreciate it. My error, I was told it was Beethoven's Fifth. Not a wonder that I couldn't locate it. Thanks again for your help. Have a nice day. Olivia

Not really important, but Shostakovitch quotes this theme in his 15th Symphony. This symphony written in the 1970s, so Shostakovitch must have known that it was used as the Lone Ranger them tune! I always wondered what this irony was meant to signify.

[This message has been edited by orpheus (edited April 29, 2003).]

Comment

Originally posted by orpheus:
      Not really important, but Shostakovitch quotes this theme in his 15th Symphony. This symphony written in the 1970s, so Shostakovitch must have known that it was used as the Lone Ranger them tune! I always wondered what this irony was meant to signify.

[This message has been edited by orpheus (edited April 29, 2003).]
      Orpheus,
      Perhaps I am displaying my ignorance of events of the time, but if Shostakovich was boxed up behind the Iron Curtain his whole life (I think he was), would he have known about such things? It is an intriguiing idea though, given the jokes that he loved to play on his masters in his music, along with Prokofiev. If he did know about it,and quoted it, you can bet it was intentional!
      Regards, Gurn
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
      X