Music for the unborn: Pregnancy music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music for the unborn: Pregnancy music

One of my websites has lists of music and literary quotes about music. These lists are built around certain themes: weather music, water music (sic!), forrest music, dream music etc.

One of these lists deals with music for pregnant women and their unborn children.

Do any of you have experiences here? If you help me create a good thread I intend to link to it.

Right now my list has one piece of music by Beethoven: Piano concerto #5. I took that suggestion from a book.

Any others
    Be true! Be true! Be true!

Very interesting - I suppose it depends on what you want the baby to turn out like! I wonder what the Grosse Fugue would do?

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      Very interesting - I suppose it depends on what you want the baby to turn out like! I wonder what the Grosse Fugue would do?

Might depend on the recording! Quartetto Italiano do a marvelous job in showing the harmonic qualities in apparent chaos.
      Be true! Be true! Be true!

Comment

My daughter heard virtually the complete works of Beethoven whilst in the womb! She has convential musical tastes at the moment, but is keen on learning musical instruments. I just bought her a classical guitar a few weeks back and she's getting to grips with it quite well. The recorder she can play too of course, an underrated instrument these days.

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited April 19, 2003).]
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

I've just been learning a madrigal by William Corkine with accompanied by recorder,any relation Rod?
          Muriel

Comment

Working...
          X