X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does any one know what caused beethoven to go death

if any one knoew the anwser could you please
    e-mail the anwser to me at moultonl@grenvillecc.ca
    thank you so much I really appreciate it.

I read that It may have been caused by having contracted syphylis. At that time,the infection advanced to cause other serius health problems.

Originally posted by raider_lion:
    if any one knoew the anwser could you please
    e-mail the anwser to me at moultonl@grenvillecc.ca
    thank you so much I really appreciate it.

Comment

There is no evidence to support the now out-moded theory that Beethoven had Syphilis. The question is obviously referring to Beethoven's deafness and not his death - information will be found on this site at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/miscellaneous.html

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

An added note. I am now reading a very detailed description of Beethoven's medical history in the book 'Beethoven The Last Decade 1817-1827' by Martin Cooper. In it he states "if Beethoven's threatened inflammation of the bowels had been just a little more refractory, he might have had mercury injunctions (the standard treatment for syphilis back then), which would invincibly have convinced those who suspected syphilis."

Joy
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

While tummy trouble plagued the Master all his life ,I thought in the end it was his heart that gave out.

Comment

I've heard Mercury poisoning was a probable cause for both his hearing loss and eventually his death.

Comment

Originally posted by mspaceray:
              While tummy trouble plagued the Master all his life ,I thought in the end it was his heart that gave out.
              According to "Beethoven The Last Decade" They attribute 'the condition of the liver was the key to the whole illness.' Also he did end up with pneumonia on top of everything else. I have never read about any heart condition, but it's possible.

Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Fuse:
                I've heard Mercury poisoning was a probable cause for both his hearing loss and eventually his death.
                This is debatable. For more information on that subject check out the book "Beethoven's Hair" by Russell Martin where they've done analysis on locks of his hair.

Joy

Comment

Working...
                X