Now available to members at
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Originally posted by Peter:
    Now available to members at
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

Thanks for posting these! In the past year I've come to really like these theme & variation pieces. This is one I've played through and it will take a few more listens--it's hard to get enough of these! Of the few recordings of these that I have I do favor Brendel a great deal.

Thanks!

Comment

Thankyou for posting These delightful, happy variations. They lifted my spirit after a very busy day at work.
      It doesn't take long for the clouds to disappear to let the brilliance of Beethoven shine through and dazzle us.

-------------------------

For he's a jolly good fellow

[This message has been edited by lysander (edited April 07, 2003).]

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:

Thanks for posting these! In the past year I've come to really like these theme & variation pieces. This is one I've played through and it will take a few more listens--it's hard to get enough of these! Of the few recordings of these that I have I do favor Brendel a great deal.

Thanks!
        Please remember I pick only the better of Brendel's interpretations I have! But this is a nice work in any case. However this will be the last you will hear of Brendel here, or any performance on a modern piano, for some time. The last track heralds the dawn of the fortepiano age!

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited April 08, 2003).]
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Thank you once again, Rod. You've really made this snowy day in Vienna "warmer and brighter" with this wonderful piece. I'm looking forward to the next work you'll be posting. Danke...

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed these uplifting tunes. Very enjoyable. It made this sunny and warm day in Phoenix even more enjoyable! Looking forward to the 'new dawn' of fortepianos!!

Joy
            'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

This is great. A wonderful way to start the morning here in New York, which has suffered still another snowy and icy day. A surrogate stand-in for spring, a testament that the sun still smiles in the heart if not in the street. Thanks for the uplift, Rod.
              See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

awesome, I can't wait to hear it!!...I too love the idea of the Variations. There's this one by Kabalevsky that I've played around with a little and it's awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X