Beethoven for One piano, Four hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sorrano:
    Is there yet hope in the world that people will get away from this mindless occupation? If those that produced television programs truly had some vision they could yet make something of it that would be worthwhile. Unfortunately, here in America there is little that is worthwhile on TV and too many people are sadly addicted to it.
    I only watch PBS which I do think still offers some pretty good viewing. I haven't watched the network shows in a long time! The comedies are not funny amymore and the drama shows are not much better. I'd rather watch documentaries or music programs any day!!

Joy

'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      Well, considering you do not have a TV I would suggest you are not in the ideal position to judge the quality of the UK's television programmes!

Unfortunately Roders,
      I am in a position at work where the television is constantly on either in the waiting room of the Outpatients Department, or on the hospital wards, and in nursing homes where the elderly are placed in front of the television, I guess for some sort of stimulation, God forbid that should ever happen to me! I would rather quite cheerfully take an overdose thankyou.
      I am quite happy listening to the radio, reading my newspaper and doing the crossword on the way to work.

Comment

Originally posted by lysander:
        Unfortunately Roders,
        I am in a position at work where the television is constantly on either in the waiting room of the Outpatients Department, or on the hospital wards, and in nursing homes where the elderly are placed in front of the television, I guess for some sort of stimulation, God forbid that should ever happen to me! I would rather quite cheerfully take an overdose thankyou.
        I am quite happy listening to the radio, reading my newspaper and doing the crossword on the way to work.
        I would think reading the newspaper in the UK might be just as uncivilized as watching TV. Doesn't Mr. Murdoch own all of them now? (Just joking)

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Certainly Chaszz, The tabloid press in Britian is quite dreadful and obsessed with celebreties and movie stars, which is of no interest. Then there is a more quality paper, The Telegraph, which is I suppose is like the New York Times and the Washington Post.
          We in Britian still produce what is widely regarded as best weekly journal in the World. The Economist.
          There is also a good cultural radio station we can listen to.

[This message has been edited by lysander (edited April 08, 2003).]

Comment

Certainly Chaszz, The tabloid press in Britian is quite dreadful and obsessed with celebreties and movie stars, which is of no interest. Then there is a more quality paper, The Telegraph, which is I suppose is like the New York Times and the Washington Post.
            We in Britian still produce what is widely regarded as best weekly journal in the World. The Economist.

[This message has been edited by lysander (edited April 08, 2003).]
            Would you say the Times has gone down in quality since he took it over? Would you consider it a semi-tabloid now?

[This message has been edited by Chaszz (edited April 08, 2003).]
            See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:
              Would you say the Times has gone down in quality since he took it over? Would you consider it a semi-tabloid now?

[This message has been edited by Chaszz (edited April 08, 2003).]
              I suspect you already know the answer to your question about the Times becoming a semi-tabloid since Murdoch took it over.
              Another good quality paper I didn't mention is the Finacial Times---though I do not always get the liesure to read it page for page. Do you have a favourite newspaper Chaszz?

Comment

Lets get back to Classical music - straying a bit too far off topic. Are you referring to Radio 3?

------------------
                'Man know thyself'
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                X