Triple Concerto on Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple Concerto on Video

Just discovered a copy of Beethoven's triple Concerto on video, along with the Choral Fantasy. Daniel Barenboim, Yo Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman and the Berlin Philharmonic.

Have not received it yet, but can't wait! These are two of my favourite pieces and I've never had the opportunity to see the Triple Concerto performed live. I understand that live performances are rare due to the expense of hiring three soloists plus an orchestra.

I wonder if anybody has seen this video and can rate it. Good or bad, I don't mind as I would definitely want to buy it anyway.

Melvyn.

Originally posted by melvyn:
    Just discovered a copy of Beethoven's triple Concerto on video, along with the Choral Fantasy. Daniel Barenboim, Yo Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman and the Berlin Philharmonic.

Have not received it yet, but can't wait! These are two of my favourite pieces and I've never had the opportunity to see the Triple Concerto performed live. I understand that live performances are rare due to the expense of hiring three soloists plus an orchestra.

I wonder if anybody has seen this video and can rate it. Good or bad, I don't mind as I would definitely want to buy it anyway.

Melvyn.
    Melvyn
    Yes, actually we had a small discussion of this video a few weeks ago. I have seen it on TV and it very enjoyable. Also, it is available as a CD, I think on EMI. You should find it to be a very satisfactory purchase.
    Regards, Gurn
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
      Melvyn
      Yes, actually we had a small discussion of this video a few weeks ago. I have seen it on TV and it very enjoyable. Also, it is available as a CD, I think on EMI. You should find it to be a very satisfactory purchase.
      Regards, Gurn
      I saw it on the A&E channel about two years ago and recorded it then. It was great. I love the Choral Fantasy and the Triple Concerto( which I have seen preformed two times) but the trio are three of my faovrite musicians so I had to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by heidi:
        I saw it on the A&E channel about two years ago and recorded it then. It was great. I love the Choral Fantasy and the Triple Concerto( which I have seen preformed two times) but the trio are three of my faovrite musicians so I had to watch.
        Heidi,
        Yes, this is where I saw it too, and am still kicking myself for NOT taping it. One that I did get there is Barenboim, Perlman, Zuckerman, DuPre and Mehta doing Schubert's Trout Quintet, they were all so very young at the time and put very much youthful vigor into the work, it was really quite marvellous.
        Regards, Gurn
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:

One that I did get there is Barenboim, Perlman, Zuckerman, DuPre and Mehta doing Schubert's Trout Quintet, they were all so very young at the time and put very much youthful vigor into the work, it was really quite marvellous.
          Yes, but that is so sad for me to watch, knowing what was in store for DuPre within a few years.

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
          X