Where I went

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where I went

Some of you may be wondering about my much less active role on this site lately - some others may not have noticed or cared, and others may be happy! In any case, to just let you know, I've discovered an active Wagner forum -- the ones I knew before were moribund. This one is lively, and full of posters who try their best to whitewash the notion of Wagner's influence on the holocaust, or on Hitler. I am in several long-running disputes with them, and other disputes and conversations as well. It is certain that the Wagner site is a more natural swimming hole for me at this point in my life. But I do still check in here and read and follow everything, and will have something to say at some time or other.

Regards to all,
    Chaszz

[This message has been edited by Chaszz (edited February 21, 2003).]
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Well I've noticed and you have been missed! I have complete faith that your flirtation with the Wagner forum is only a temporary fling and that you will soon be cured and return to your true home at the Beethoven forum!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Welcome back Chaszz. I can't speak for the others but I missed you and reading your posts. Glad to know you are OK and that you were just in another forum. Don't forget us here in Beethovenland...

Comment

Well, what's the URL??? I want to come along to!(if I'm invited!).
        BWT, I have all but given up on that Bach site. It is depressingly empty and quiet.
        "It is only as an aesthetic experience that existence is eternally justified" - Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Steppenwolf:
          Well, what's the URL??? I want to come along to!(if I'm invited!).
          BWT, I have all but given up on that Bach site. It is depressingly empty and quiet.
          Steppenwolf, the URL is http://groups.google.com/groups?grou...mposers.wagner

Will be glad to see you there. And thank you
          Peter and Andrea, for your kind remarks. I will certainly be making appearances back here as wll as reading everything and listening to the tracks.

Regards, Chaszz
          See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

I'm glad to see you back too, Chaszz! I'll probably check out the Wagner site from time to time, but as anyone who has read all my posts probably realizes, my musical loves are all-embracing, one might even say promiscuous! I love all music too much to limit myself to one, or even five, master-composers! I have just been listening to a violin concerto by Henri Vieuxtemps (on a vinyl LP from the 1950's, no less!) and greatly enjoying it. Not as focused as Beethoven's, but serious, virtuosic, masterful. That's just one example. I'm always ready to enjoy a new composer or new piece. (Unless it's a Strauss waltz!)

Comment

Chassz, what is your screen name on the Wagner forum? I have been trying to figure it out.
              "It is only as an aesthetic experience that existence is eternally justified" - Nietzsche

Comment

Why are you guys not registered somewhere better - my Handel Forum!! You can meet Chaszz there too!

------------------
                "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
                http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Steppenwolf:
                  Chassz, what is your screen name on the Wagner forum? I have been trying to figure it out.
                  It is "Charles" there, Steppenwolf. I have replied to one or two of your posts there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:
                    It is "Charles" there, Steppenwolf. I have replied to one or two of your posts there.

Excuse me, sorry - it is 'Charles Zigmund' there.

Comment

Working...
                    X