Francisco Tárrega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Francisco Tárrega

Hey what do you guys think to Tarrega, personaly I think the guy was amazingly talented.

Originally posted by zenmaster126:
    Hey what do you guys think to Tarrega, personaly I think the guy was amazingly talented.
    I enyoy listening to the Spanish classical guitar. I have heard Francisco Tarrega playing his Arabian Caprice sometime ago, it is very pleasant to listen to.
    I believe he did several adaptations for classical guitar based compositions from, Beethoven, Bach, Schumman and Mozart.
    Have you heard any of them?

My favourite Spanish classical guitar artist is, JULIAN BREAM.

[This message has been edited by lysander (edited March 23, 2003).]

Comment

Cool, yes ive heard his arrangement of Moonlight Sonata, its in Dm (God knows why he transcribed it this way as its a hard key for guitar), i havent heard the others allthough i play some Bach and Beethoven on the Guitar myself.

The "Arabian Caprice" is a really something, and some amazing guitar playing too

heres a qoute i just found, kinda interesting (as for Bream, im allways weary of "child prodogys")

Andrés Segovia (1893-1987) is considered to be the father of the modern classical gutiar movement by most modern scholars. Many feel, that without his efforts, the classical guitar would still be considered a lowly bar instrument, played only by peasants.

Comment

I cannot, unfortunately, remember the name or almost any other details about a work I heard on the radio last week. It was a movement for two eight-stringed baroque guitars by a 17th century Italian composer I'd never heard of. Those two guitars alone together, with their overtones, sounded like an entire orchestra. I felt the heavens had opened up and poured wonderful sunlight into a cloudy world.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

cool, i dont believe ive ever heard any 8 string clasical guitar compostions, sounds cool though.

Comment

Andrés Segovia (1893-1987) is considered to be the father of the modern classical gutiar movement by most modern scholars. Many feel, that without his efforts, the classical guitar would still be considered a lowly bar instrument, played only by peasants.
            He was truly a great guitarist and did indeed make the way for modern players. My cousin learned how to play guitar by listening to his recordings and now plays in recitals and concerts on stage accompanied by his son.

Joy

'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

cool, i dont believe ive ever heard any 8 string clasical guitar compostions, sounds cool though.
              You can find some interesting websites on the baroque guitar if you enter those words into Google. I think 2 of the strings - I don't know which ones - are doubled, and probably played in unison, although I'm not sure about that. Based on what I heard that night, it is certainly not an inferior instrument to the six-stringed modern guitar.

Music is truly a bottomless subject, there's always more to experience and learn about. A lifetime is hardly enough to sample it, expecially if one has other things one wants to do also.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

hi, thanx for the info, having two strings the same note on the same octave would be quite strange, ill have to check that out, maybe even try it out, there are tunings on the guitar that require 2 or more strings to be the same note and octave, sounds quite nice, gives it a muddled 12 string feel

Comment

Working...
                X