Bach's Mass in B Minor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bach's Mass in B Minor

Can anybody recomend a recording of this piece for somebody looking to buy a CD of it??
    "It is only as an aesthetic experience that existence is eternally justified" - Nietzsche

Originally posted by Steppenwolf:

Can anybody recomend a recording of this piece for somebody looking to buy a CD of it??
    I don't think one can go wrong with the superb Monteverdi Choir; and English Baroque Soloists / Sir John Eliot Gardner.

Archiv production 415 514 2AH2. (112 minutes). Recorded 1985.

There is much to be said for becoming aquainted with more than one version of Bach's B minor mass. No single performance of a work of this distinction and stature can embrace all its aspects.
    Your friend will not be disappointed.

Personally, I love the Monteverdi Choir,

I possess their recording of; VESPRO DELLA BEATA VERGINE. (Vespers of the Blessed Virgin) they are so exquisitely beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by lysander:
      I don't think one can go wrong with the superb Monteverdi Choir; and English Baroque Soloists / Sir John Eliot Gardner.

Archiv production 415 514 2AH2. (112 minutes). Recorded 1985.

There is much to be said for becoming aquainted with more than one version of Bach's B minor mass. No single performance of a work of this distinction and stature can embrace all its aspects.
      Your friend will not be disappointed.

Personally, I love the Monteverdi Choir,

I possess their recording of; VESPRO DELLA BEATA VERGINE. (Vespers of the Blessed Virgin) they are so exquisitely beautiful.
      I think that Gardiner's recording of the Beethoven Mass in C is among the finer recordings of that work. The choir really does well.

Comment

Working...
      X