Piano Concerto No. 1 in C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piano Concerto No. 1 in C

A lot of attention is given to beethoven's later piano concertos, particularly the Emperor. This is totally understandable, as these are great works. But I believe that his Piano Concerto in C is truly beautiful. In movement 1, the way the strings run up and down overlapping each other, at times p and times f, is a gorgeous exciting effect. The melancholy tunes of movement 2 are totally beautiful, whilst the theme of movement 3 is daring, exciting, and at times even slightly humorous. I am a big fan of this piece, and although it isn't his most demanding concerto for piano (it can't be if even I can play it lol) I feel it should be given more recognition than it actually is. Any likeminded fans post your messages here!

Regards,
    Michael

Originally posted by OboeKing:
    A lot of attention is given to beethoven's later piano concertos, particularly the Emperor. This is totally understandable, as these are great works. But I believe that his Piano Concerto in C is truly beautiful. In movement 1, the way the strings run up and down overlapping each other, at times p and times f, is a gorgeous exciting effect. The melancholy tunes of movement 2 are totally beautiful, whilst the theme of movement 3 is daring, exciting, and at times even slightly humorous. I am a big fan of this piece, and although it isn't his most demanding concerto for piano (it can't be if even I can play it lol) I feel it should be given more recognition than it actually is. Any likeminded fans post your messages here!

Regards,
    Michael
    I agree, this is a first class piece, especially on the rare occasion the first movement is actually played 'con brio' as Beethoven asks!

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Oh, yes! I wore out my old vinyl recording of Op. 15 with Rudolf Serkin at the piano.

Do you play oboe with any orchestras, OboeKing? If so, we should compare notes sometime; I'm an oboist myself.

Comment

Originally posted by John Rasmussen:
        Oh, yes! I wore out my old vinyl recording of Op. 15 with Rudolf Serkin at the piano.

Do you play oboe with any orchestras, OboeKing? If so, we should compare notes sometime; I'm an oboist myself.
        I'm afraid not - I'm too young at the mo I'm only 15! I went to a youth orchestra for a couple of rehearsals but was shocked by the standard of the instrumentalists there so I decided not to go again! I'm on the show circuit though, usually on oboe doubling cor anglais or my other w/w instruments. It's great money for a 15 yr old!

Comment

Working...
        X