Concerto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopithoven:
    He uses e major in order to use a b natural in the rondo?

I didn't say that and I don't really know why you are arguing this point - it is not my personal interpretation, simply an analysis of the work that any music student would and should be aware of. If you need further proof of Beethoven's playful use of Ab and G# look at bars 257-264 in the finale.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      I didn't say that and I don't really know why you are arguing this point - it is not my personal interpretation, simply an analysis of the work that any music student would and should be aware of. If you need further proof of Beethoven's playful use of Ab and G# look at bars 257-264 in the finale.

Oh, you're right. I didn't notice the inverse trick.

Comment

Just listened to Beethoven's wonderful Third Cello Sonata in A major, Op69.
        I think was composed in 1808? and dedicated to his cellist friend Ignaz von Gleichstein.
        --I love the teasing syncopation in the scherzo.

Following his observations of Beethoven in December 1808, Johann Friedrich Reichardt wrote;- I was deeply grieved to see this honest excellent man gloomy and suffering, but I am convinced that his best and most original work can only be produced during those despondent moods.
        Those who enjoy his works should never lose sight of this consideration, nor take offence at his eccentricity and ruggedness if they truly admire him.

---I wholeheartedly agree with this---

Comment

Originally posted by Avner:
          Hello, I am new to this board. I finally found a website with like minded Beethoven enthusiasts. In case you're wondering, I am 16 years old. It is very, very difficult to find people of my own age, who have an interest in, let alone an interest in classical music. Because I am from the U.S., my peers are influenced primarily by Rap and various Pop. Anyways...

My question:
          The Triple Concerto is my favorite Beethoven work - does anyone else put the Triple Concerto in their top list of works to listen to? Any thoughts or favorite recordings of the Triple Concerto? My favorite is with Eugene Ormandy leading the Philadelphia Orchestra, Isaac Stern at the Violin, Leonard Rose on the Cello, and Eugene Istomin at the piano.
          Hi there.
          I am in a similar predicament to you. I am 15 and love the classical genre, while all my mates are influenced by the pop/rap side of music. (though how you can call rap a form of music is anyone's guess!) I do enjoy the triple concerto, but have been put off it quite recently when I went to see a performance. The orchestra had decided to put on this work, but change the instruments to harp, viola and double bass! As a harpist I thought it would be interesting, but, even with and open mind, I was disgusted. They had altered the entire score so as to accomodate the new instruments, all 3 technically uncapable of doing this great work justice. Give me piano, violin and 'cello any day!

Comment

I was a bit lukewarm about the Triple Concerto until I came across the Ormandy/Istomen/Stern/Rose version and now I can't get enough of it.
            Did anyone hear the Trio Zingara/English Chamber Orchestra version which came out about ten years ago. The intriguing thing about this was that the conductor was Edward Heath who was once Prime Minister of Great Britain.
            I wonder could we persuade Tony Blair to record something? (With the Busch quartet?)

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
              I wonder could we persuade Tony Blair to record something? (With the Busch quartet?)

Michael
              I don't think we'll have long to wait to see their performance, and I think several live events are in the offing. It is quite interesting to see the cultural change in government - the other day we were granted a trio I think by Blair, Brown and Cook - I suspect the guest list at Chequers & no.10 is somewhat different in makeup from Heath's day which used to include amongst its luminaries Isaac Stern, Yehudi Menuhin, Leonard Rose, Clifford Curzon, John Lill, Paul Bardura-Skoda, Benjamin Britten, Malcolm Arnold, Arthur Bliss and William Walton.

------------------
              'Man know thyself'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
              X