Beethoven's Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joy:
    You're right, that would be really something. That 3rd movement is amazing, isn't it?

Joy

I love the moonlight sonato to bits, but can I play the 3rd movement? Not a chance! I've been trying for years to get my fingers around those wonderful arpeggios. Usually with a tricky piece you learn it slowly and gradually increase the speed when you're familiar with it. Well, in this case, after 2 years of trying its still at the 'Adagio Molto' stage! Never mind, I will get it... One day...

Comment

Originally posted by OboeKing:
      I love the moonlight sonato to bits, but can I play the 3rd movement? Not a chance! I've been trying for years to get my fingers around those wonderful arpeggios. Usually with a tricky piece you learn it slowly and gradually increase the speed when you're familiar with it. Well, in this case, after 2 years of trying its still at the 'Adagio Molto' stage! Never mind, I will get it... One day...

As I mentioned somewhere here once before, it's always been ironic to me that the Moonlight Sonata is known mainly for the first movement, when the thrid movement is really what's astonishing about the piece.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Working...
      X