Equali for Trombones, WoO 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rod:
    I am Baccus with gifts of musical wine for the faithfull.

That you are, and the nectar is surely good for the soul.

Comment

I have the Equali on vinyl with some Russian trombonists. I haven't heard them for a long time, but I remember them as being beautiful and majestic.

(Did LvB write only one set of Equali? My set doesn't list a WoO number, but the Equali are in D minor, D major, and B flat major.)

Bruckner enthusiasts may be interested in his two Equali, written in 1847. My opinion may be heretical here, but I like the Bruckner pieces as well as or better than Beethoven's.

Comment

Originally posted by John Rasmussen:
        I have the Equali on vinyl with some Russian trombonists. I haven't heard them for a long time, but I remember them as being beautiful and majestic.

(Did LvB write only one set of Equali? My set doesn't list a WoO number, but the Equali are in D minor, D major, and B flat major.)

Bruckner enthusiasts may be interested in his two Equali, written in 1847. My opinion may be heretical here, but I like the Bruckner pieces as well as or better than Beethoven's.
        Beethoven only wrote this set of 3, WoO30. Have you listened to my mp3 yet? I've never heard Bruckner's two pieces, but for sure they won't be played at my (State) Funeral.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited February 26, 2003).]
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
        X