Did Beethoven Dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Beethoven Dance?

As a young man ,did Beethoven have a dancing master?
    "Finis coronat opus "

I believe his dancing efforts were no more successful than his singing or horse-riding!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

In one of my biography tapes it says that in his youth Beethoven enjoyed a dance every now and then. How successful he was at it might be as Peter suggested. However, later on in life, when his deafness crept in he was unable to.

Joy
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Victor Borge's book "My Favorite Intermissions" says in a footnote, "Did you know that Beethoven was a terrible dancer? He actually couldn't stay in time with the music!" And El Borge affirms in his Overture to the book, "All is based on facts as you will find if you look it up. But you don't have to because we already did."

Comment

Originally posted by John Rasmussen:
          Victor Borge's book "My Favorite Intermissions" says in a footnote, "Did you know that Beethoven was a terrible dancer? He actually couldn't stay in time with the music!" And El Borge affirms in his Overture to the book, "All is based on facts as you will find if you look it up. But you don't have to because we already did."

Victor Borge was one of my favorites. Always so funny! I'll have to look into that book!

Joy
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
          X