Play Melancholy Baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play Melancholy Baby

While Beethoven was still performing was he annoyed by requests for his Greatest Hits?
    "Finis coronat opus "

Most composers are, simply because the pieces requested are generally not their best!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Not their best but bestsellers nevertheless,I was curious because of a scene in "Beethoven lives upstairs"where he seems not to even recgognize"Fur Elise"
      "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
        Not their best but bestsellers nevertheless,I was curious because of a scene in "Beethoven lives upstairs"where he seems not to even recgognize"Fur Elise"
        He apparently had the same problem with the 32 variations in C minor - when he heard them, he was surprised to discover he was the composer and wasn't particularly pleased about it either!

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
          He must have been absent minded! I saw that scene but when he calls himself a 'donkey' right then I think he actually called someone else a donkey. I can't see Beethoven calling himself that! Must have been just for the movie affects.

Joy
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
            He must have been absent minded! I saw that scene but when he calls himself a 'donkey' right then I think he actually called someone else a donkey. I can't see Beethoven calling himself that! Must have been just for the movie affects.

Joy
            Well he could have said it - he became quite modest in later life - "Frequently it seems as if I should almost go mad over my undeserved fame; fortune seeks me out and I almost fear new misfortune on that account."

(July, 1810, to his friend Zmeskall)

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
            X