Hotmail !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotmail !

The American Beethoven Society, San Jose, California, are now presenting, All Beethoven web radio. You can download and listen all day in the background As I am now.

It fantastic and good sound quality.
    I have just listened to--String quartet in E flat major, 'Harp'.

At this very moment 'The Emperor' is playing. It's wonderful, I am now on a 'High' just before I leave for work, I cant tear myself away before the finale !

I can listen till my hearts content.

Oh God, I love Beethoven ! When I listen to him nothing else matters!
    It's wonderful to be alive!

Comment

Originally posted by lysander:

The American Beethoven Society, San Jose, California, are now presenting, All Beethoven web radio. You can download and listen all day in the background As I am now.

At this very moment 'The Emperor' is playing. It's wonderful, I am now on a 'High' just before I leave for work, I cant tear myself away before the finale !

Good for the American Society, I'm still after many years of enquiry trying to discover if there is a British Society If there is it must be super secret!

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

The URL for this station is http://www.everybodysmusic.com/

Quite a wonderful thing to have available. Thanks, Lysander
        See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Originally posted by lysander:

Lysander, thanks for the tip on the All Beethoven Music. Have you been to The American Beethoven Society's website?http://www.sjsu.edu/depts/beethoven/index.html
          Try this, you might find it interesting. Lots of information. Even a picture of Beethoven's famous lock of hair. Also a lot of information about The Society. I visited the museum a couple of years ago and they have a wonderful exhibit of Beethoven memorabilia. It's the largest collection in the Northern hemisphere. I saw the lock of hair, many manuscripts, receipts, portraits, etc. Also got to play on an exact replica of one of his pianos from the 1790's. Wonderful place to go for Beethoven's aficionados.

Joy
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Thankyou Joy,

I have been a member of the American Beethoven Society for a couple of years now, and receive Their scholarly Beethoven Journal twice per year, Their research and topics are truly brilliant.
            With the December issue they also sent me a mounted picture of Beethoven, A4 size.
            Engraving by W.Holl after a Painting by Kloeber.
            It is the same picture they have on their web site page.
            I have also viewed Beethovens hair on the web site as you can zoom in on it.
            But seeing it for real must be like looking at a holy relic.
            I have read the fascinating book on Beethoven's hair, by Russell Martin, I think you may have mentioned that you also read it.
            I would like to visit the American Beethoven Society some day, but my dilema is that I am really not keen on flying.
            Isn't their a Beethoven museum in Vienna,
            I am sure that Andrea has visited it.

I used to live in Canada in the 60's'-70's, and have a sister living in New Jersey,
            but it has been many moons since I have flown.

Lysander.

Comment

Working...
            X