Listener's Appreciation Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listener's Appreciation Day

The classical radio station here in Phoenix (K-Baq) had another one of their Listener's Appreciation Days where you vote for your favourite classical music and, as every time before, Beethoven came in as first choice, far ahead of any other composer (Mozart came in second). The past few days have been glorious with Beethoven being played several times throughout the past few days.

Joy
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Sounds great. Maybe some people who are normally put off by classical music will hear it as they skip by and become hooked

Comment

We can only hope!!

Joy

Comment

I'm glad to see that Beethoven came in at number one there in Phoenix since most Americans (at least those I know) only know Beethoven from his Sym. #5 or his Sym. #9's "Ode to Joy". Usually people know more from Mozart than from our Ludwig. Bravo Beethoven!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
          I'm glad to see that Beethoven came in at number one there in Phoenix since most Americans (at least those I know) only know Beethoven from his Sym. #5 or his Sym. #9's "Ode to Joy". Usually people know more from Mozart than from our Ludwig. Bravo Beethoven!
          Well, not here is Phoenix. They love Beethoven. He's Number 1!!

Joy

Comment

Beethoven wins quite handily in New York City also. You can also look at the prior two years.
            http://www.wqxr.com/cgi-bin/iowa/cla...ml?record=1617

People do tend to vote for the same warhorses year after year though. Not only for Beethoven, but for Bach, Handel and Vivaldi also. Unless it is a changing audience which happens to vote for the same things anyway. How many times can one listen to the Four Seasons? Which to me are not even vivaldi's best concertos. Likewise the Brandenburgs.
            See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:
              Beethoven wins quite handily in New York City also. You can also look at the prior two years.
              http://www.wqxr.com/cgi-bin/iowa/cla...ml?record=1617

People do tend to vote for the same warhorses year after year though. Not only for Beethoven, but for Bach, Handel and Vivaldi also. Unless it is a changing audience which happens to vote for the same things anyway. How many times can one listen to the Four Seasons? Which to me are not even vivaldi's best concertos. Likewise the Brandenburgs.
              Interesting, Chaszz. A lot of Beethoven's listed were ones that won votes here too.
              The 9th Symphony, 5th Symphony, 7th Symphony, Violin Concerto, etc.

Joy

Comment

Working...
              X