The Tempest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tempest

There is a snow storm raging here in Heiligenstadt at this very moment. The scene from my window is of gray skies, fog engulfing the Vienna Woods and howling winds blowing the snow against the windows. As this storm rages on I am listening to Beethoven's Sonata No. 17 in D minor op.31 No. 2 "The Tempest".

This piece so discribes the weather occuring outside. Its power, its force, its attack on the body and soul. Stinging and biting like the wind driven snow to your skin. The Tempest rages on here in Heiligenstadt. Let's hope this storm passes on and leaves us as swiftly as it arrived...

Originally posted by Andrea:
    There is a snow storm raging here in Heiligenstadt at this very moment. The scene from my window is of gray skies, fog engulfing the Vienna Woods and howling winds blowing the snow against the windows. As this storm rages on I am listening to Beethoven's Sonata No. 17 in D minor op.31 No. 2 "The Tempest".

This piece so discribes the weather occuring outside. Its power, its force, its attack on the body and soul. Stinging and biting like the wind driven snow to your skin. The Tempest rages on here in Heiligenstadt. Let's hope this storm passes on and leaves us as swiftly as it arrived...

If you play the Pastoral sonata the sun will come out and the birds start to sing!

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited January 10, 2003).]
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      If you play the Pastoral sonata the sun will come out and the birds start to sing!

I've played both of those today and the sun did come out!

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
        I've played both of those today and the sun did come out!

Amazing! I wonder what Beethoven piece I could play to make it rain! We could use some!! Maybe the 'storm' movement from the 6th Symphony?!
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
        X