Time travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spaceray:
    In Canada,it seems,the country is not run by the elected but by the spin doctors behind the scenes perhaps this is true in the US as well.I wasn't really commenting on American politics per se but more the media machine that seems to drive everything!Imagine one year a stained dress seems to be all over the front page and then terrorism and war with hardly a moment to take a breath.
    spaceray,
    Well, no perhaps about it, the media run things here too. I have always resented the way they tell you what your opinion should be and then turn around and report it as though it's now news. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. As for the rapid changes in what's news, I remember back right before 9/11 that the media were all over a congressman because on eof his employees was killed and he didn't jump out there and tell them that he was having an affair with her, as though it wa any of their business, even if he did kill her himself, the next minute they were after terrorists, and I scarcely noticed a difference in the pitch of their frenzy. I didn't realize Canada had become that way too, back in my Montreal days, the news peopel were so laid back they were actually a pleasure to watch. So it goes.
    Regards, Gurn
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      All these 'if's!!!

*lol* I bet you still would Rod! *lol*

Comment

Originally posted by ~Immortal Beloved~:

*lol* I bet you still would Rod! *lol*
        What does *lol* mean, please?
        See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

It's Internet slang for laughing out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
            spaceray,
            Well, no perhaps about it, the media run things here too. I have always resented the way they tell you what your opinion should be and then turn around and report it as though it's now news.
            Regards, Gurn
            That's because they're all liberals anyway, no offense.

Joy

'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
              That's because they're all liberals anyway, no offense.

Joy

Dear lady,
              No offense to me, for sure, as I am rather a conservative. Yes, you are quite correct, and I suspect liberalism is taught at Journalism School as a required subject.
              Regards, Gurn
              Regards,
              Gurn
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Dear lady,
                No offense to me, for sure, as I am rather a conservative. Yes, you are quite correct, and I suspect liberalism is taught at Journalism School as a required subject.
                Regards, Gurn

It's almost comical to me. After the November elections all the major TV networks were all in a heat over why the Democrats lost. There was no mention as to why the Reblicans won. All the focus has been on the Democrat Party.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:

It's almost comical to me. After the November elections all the major TV networks were all in a heat over why the Democrats lost. There was no mention as to why the Reblicans won. All the focus has been on the Democrat Party.
                  Gee, I wonder why. Could it be because the entire media (TV networks) are liberal democrats! It really isn't comical as much as sad. The Republicans will never get a decent break at least not on the news!

Joy

Comment

Dear lady,
                    and I suspect liberalism is taught at Journalism School as a required subject.
                    Regards, Gurn
                    That's for sure!!

Regards, Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:

Well, let's see, could it be because "We the people" are simply tired of nothing ever being done because of partisan bickering, so we decided to give a fairly capable president a congress of his own to work with and see if we can finally get something done? Heck no, it's because the republicans cheated somehow.
                      Regards, Gurn
                      Regards,
                      Gurn
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Well, let's see, could it be because "We the people" are simply tired of nothing ever being done because of partisan bickering, so we decided to give a fairly capable president a congress of his own to work with and see if we can finally get something done? Heck no, it's because the republicans cheated somehow.
                        Regards, Gurn
                        Indeed. Point being that the press makes an issue of the weaknesses/strengths of the Democrat Party and ignores, pretty much, the Republican party. Someone made the suggestion that the press is liberal. Hmmmm.

Comment

Since this topic apparently has no connection with Beethoven I thought I'd make one! It is interesting to read these posts and see that none of us from whatever country are entirely happy with our political system - here is the connection with Beethoven and it seems that in many ways things haven't really changed that much since his day!

------------------
                          'Man know thyself'
                          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                            Since this topic apparently has no connection with Beethoven I thought I'd make one! It is interesting to read these posts and see that none of us from whatever country are entirely happy with our political system - here is the connection with Beethoven and it seems that in many ways things haven't really changed that much since his day!

Peter,
                            Yes, yes, thank you for tying that together. B was terribly frustrated with the politics of Europe at the time and it seems to have had a great effect on him, as it does on us. The argument over too liberal and not liberal certainly started long before even my birth date ;-)
                            Regards, Gurn
                            Regards,
                            Gurn
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Lol! Good job, Peter! Back to music!

Comment

I just thought I'd observe that politically Beethoven was a liberal and not a conservative. Let's see if someone will take issue with THAT!

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Working...
                                X