Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Message

Happy Christmas to one and all!

Very few people these days take much notice of the spiritual significance of Christmas, but Beethoven was of course a deeply religious man so here is a quote he himself copied out in his journal

"Blessed is he who has overcome all passions and then proceeds energetically to perform his duties under all circumstances careless of success! Let the motive lie in the deed, not in the outcome. Be not one of those whose spring of action is the hope of reward"

- he added in his own words ' Do not yet your life pass in inactivity. Be industrious, do your duty, banish all thoughts as to results.'

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Thankyou for your Christmas meditations , to you and all, have a wonderful Christmas, Yes Beethoven was very religious and spiritual . I have his beautiful creation of Christ on the mount of olives, CHRISTUS AM OLBERGE. I find the whole works very moving. when Christ utters, in anguished cry, Father! Your son implores you in deep humility and wretchedness: Nothing is beyond your power, take this bitter cup away from me. My soul is buffeted by menacing torments,
    And on my brow the beads are not sweat but blood.

This truly is Beethovens anquished cry to God to take his deafness away from him. --
    the bitter cup.

HIS ACHIEVEMENT OF PERFECTION THROUGH SUFFERING AND SACRIFICE.

On May 1816 Beethoven informed the Countess Erody:
    "For the last six weeks I have been in very poor health, so much so that frequently I have thought of my death. I do not dread it ....man cannot avoid suffering; and in this respect his strength must stand the test, that is to say, he must endure without complaining and feel his worthlessness and then again achieve his perfection, that perfection which the Almighty will then bestow upon him."

Alle Menschen werden Bruder,
    Wo dein sanfter Flugel Weilt.

from Margaret.

Comment

Yes, Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy Boxing Day too!! Hope everyone had a wonderful and joyous Christmas!!

Joy
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Fröhliche Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr 2003 aus Wien.

Comment

Working...
          X