No announcement yet.

bad music at this time of year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all that, Chaszz. That sounds wonderful! Our station here in Phoenix should do something like that since our call letters are K-BAQ!!

Joy
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      well the chorus sounded so sickeningly jolly I was thinking perhaps they got the Mickey Mouse Crew in from Florida to do the job. The way they phrased the words you could just feel their big white teeth being thrust in your face.

*LOL* Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
        No Carol is more beautiful than Silent Night (stille nacht), sung in German in the original version, not the over-sentimental versions that are usually performed.

Words written by Fr. Joseph Mohr in Mariapfarr, Austria - 1816
        Melody added by Franz X. Gruber in Arnsdorf, Austria - 1818
        First performance in Oberndorf, Austria - 1818

I like this one also. We are very proud of this song here in Austria. Needless to say that this song is the most popular Christmas carol in Austria.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
          Every year at this time folks endeavour to embrace seasonal music and most of it is really terrible, an embarrassment, how come when so much great material is available we are assualted with the worst performances.
          Let's organize a boycott of all stores that play Christmas Muzak!!!

Comment

I don't think they make muzak any more do they?It's heavily programmed pop music everywhere now.Remember muzak from the 1960s
            I'd like to hear that stuff in my supermarket
            again it was so mesmerizing so subliminal."Yesterday...all my troubles seemed so far away..."No Lennon and McCartney ,or is that McCartney and Lennon,about it!
            "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
              I don't think they make muzak any more do they?It's heavily programmed pop music everywhere now.Remember muzak from the 1960s
              I'd like to hear that stuff in my supermarket
              again it was so mesmerizing so subliminal."Yesterday...all my troubles seemed so far away..."No Lennon and McCartney ,or is that McCartney and Lennon,about it!

They don't use muzak here. In our stores it's always what's in now with rock music or a lot of country and western. Sometimes I wish they wouldn't play anything or just have some instrumental music going on in the background, it's hard to concentrate on what I'm doing!!

Joy
              'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
              X