Beethoven's Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven's Birthday

Happy Beethoven's Birthday on Monday to all his loyal following. Where would we be without him? Who else in history could have written "Ode to Joy" or "Rage Over a Lost Penny" as far as that goes ;-))) Happy Birthday, Ludwig!
    Gurn
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes I agree where would music have been without him.I think I'll bake him a birthday cake...I wonder what kind...sachertort perhaps?
    "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag, Ludwig!

I love Sachertorte! I'll have a big piece, please. I'm sure that Beethoven would have liked Sachertorte too. It's ashame that this delicious cake wasn't invented until 1832 so Beethoven wasn't able to try it in his lifetime. Bummer...

Comment

I'll cook something too! You've got your choice between scrambled eggs and eggs over easy that have a 70% chance of winding up as scrambled eggs.

Comment

Yes it does seem incredible that this great man was born 232 years ago today and his music has never been surpassed, nor I suspect can it ever be.

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Since our classical radio station here in Vienna is not honoring Beethoven enough on his birthday,(they played only his Sym.#8 at midnight) I am playing some of my Beethoven CDs for him today.

I'm starting out with my CD of his complete overtures, 12 minuets, 12 German dances and 12 contredances. We'll see how far I get before driving my husband crazy with my Beethoven Marathon.

Comment

I'm going to hold my own Beethoven marathon as well. Some piano Sonatas, maybe a symphony or two, the 9th for sure!! I'll also be watching one of my Beethoven videos on TV.

Happy Birthday Ludwig and thanks!!

Joy
              'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
                Since our classical radio station here in Vienna is not honoring Beethoven enough on his birthday,(they played only his Sym.#8 at midnight) I am playing some of my Beethoven CDs for him today.

I'm starting out with my CD of his complete overtures, 12 minuets, 12 German dances and 12 contredances. We'll see how far I get before driving my husband crazy with my Beethoven Marathon.

The station I listen to played the first movement of the 8th Symphony about 5:30 this morning. Only the 1st movement. But it was done by the Norrington and his group (can't remember what they were called). That is the most animated performance of that work I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:

The station I listen to played the first movement of the 8th Symphony about 5:30 this morning. Only the 1st movement. But it was done by the Norrington and his group (can't remember what they were called). That is the most animated performance of that work I've heard.
                  The 'group' is the London Classical Players on period instruments. Their disk with Syms 2 and 8 is excellent, the best of his complete symphonies set (which has been re-released at super -bargain price!).

------------------
                  "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
                  http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:

The station in NYC, WQXR-FM and wqxr.com, has a good amount of Beethoven for his birthday, all day and evening long. It includes the Piano Concerto No. 4, the King Stephen Overture, the Turkish March from the Ruins of Athens, The "Rage Over a Lost Penny", "Fur Elise", the Consecration of the House Overture, the Symphony No. 4, the Piano Sonata No. 6, the Leonore Overture No. 3, the Violin Concerto, the Leonore Overture No. 2, the Overture to the Ruins of Athens, the Symphony No. 3, the Sympnony No. 6,

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:
                      The station in NYC, WQXR-FM and wqxr.com, has a good amount of Beethoven for his birthday, all day and evening long. It includes the Piano Concerto No. 4, the King Stephen Overture, the Turkish March from the Ruins of Athens, The "Rage Over a Lost Penny", "Fur Elise", the Consecration of the House Overture, the Symphony No. 4, the Piano Sonata No. 6, the Leonore Overture No. 3, the Violin Concerto, the Leonore Overture No. 2, the Overture to the Ruins of Athens, the Symphony No. 3, the Sympnony No. 6,

and the Archduke trio.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Here's the menu for Beethoven's Birthday Dinner.Heisse Biersuppe,Hasenpfeffer,Selleriesalat mit Apfeln,Gefullter Fasan,and Obsttorte and this is Beer Soup, Hare in spiced wine,Celery and Apple salad,Roast Pheasant with chestnut dressing and and open mixed fruit tart.I wish you all could join me.
                        Happy Birthday Beethoven!
                        "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:

That's much better than what Phoenix could come up with today, although they did mention his birthday and talked about his life. Go New York!!
                          Joy
                          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Today on the classical station I listen to was 'Beethoven's Birthday Bash'. They pretty much played him all day. Thanks WFGR 98.7FM in Grand Rapids, Michigan!

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
                              The 'group' is the London Classical Players on period instruments. Their disk with Syms 2 and 8 is excellent, the best of his complete symphonies set (which has been re-released at super -bargain price!).

After hearing that rendition of the 1st movement of the 8th Symphony I will definitely have to buy the entire set. That was a very pleasant way to wake up.

Comment

Working...
                              X