Beethoven's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joy:
    Here, at this time of year, they're playing a LOT of Christmas songs, lots on the radio and lots of Christmas concerts around the Valley, but, they still seem to stick in a Beethoven quite often.

Joy
    Today while baking granny's shortbread and my prizewinning Dundee cakes I listened to some bagatells Op 33 no's 1 2 5 and 7.

Piano Concerto #5 in E Op 73featuring Krystian Zimerman
    and Handel's Concerto Grosso in B flat Op3
    Played by Tafelmusik.
    I looked at the playlist for Beethoven's Birthday plenty of the great mans work to be heard on the day.
    "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Here, at this time of year, they're playing a LOT of Christmas songs, lots on the radio and lots of Christmas concerts around the Valley, but, they still seem to stick in a Beethoven quite often.

Joy

It used to be that on the local Classical station all the Beethoven Symphonies were broadcast on the 16th. Today there is a mention and maybe a few pieces, but more than likely nothing extraordinary as a complete Symphony. Hopefully I will be proven wrong this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:

It used to be that on the local Classical station all the Beethoven Symphonies were broadcast on the 16th. Today there is a mention and maybe a few pieces, but more than likely nothing extraordinary as a complete Symphony. Hopefully I will be proven wrong this year.
        Let us know what they play on your public station. I was wandering through our Playlist for tomorrow and they're playing the 'Violin Concerto in D'; 'Rage Over a Lost Penny'; and 'Piano Concerto #5'. No Symphonies! On other days they'll have Beethoven Hours and Concerts and on his day, just a few songs. Somewhat disappointing.

Joy
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Let us know what they play on your public station. I was wandering through our Playlist for tomorrow and they're playing the 'Violin Concerto in D'; 'Rage Over a Lost Penny'; and 'Piano Concerto #5'. No Symphonies! On other days they'll have Beethoven Hours and Concerts and on his day, just a few songs. Somewhat disappointing.

Joy

Unfortunately, I will not get to listen much to that radio station. Once I am at work I have no or little opportunity to listen to any radio. I mentioned in an earlier post that they did play the 1st movement of the 8th Symphony. And also, I heard the final movement of the Liszt transcription of the 7th. In truth, I didn't recognize it. I thought it sounded very much like Beethoven but couldn't place the work. Of course, this was at 5:30 in the morning and I wasn't totally awake yet.

Comment

Working...
          X