New Beethoven Symphonies edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Beethoven Symphonies edition

The amateur orchestra I play oboe with, the Timberline Symphony Orchestra of Lafayette, Colorado, USA, has played LvB's Second and Fourth Symphonies in the new edition (I forget the editor's name) produced a few years ago after a restudy of the original MSS. Does anyone know if this new edition has been issued as study scores? The only scores I have are the old Albert Wier editions, which have numerous errors, and I'd love to see this new edition.

If you are looking for scholarly editions of the symphonies it would be a good idea to look in the Beethoven's collected editions.These provide access to the composer's works in Urtext and usually come with commentaries as far as corrections and editorial markings are concerned. I know there are at least 2 with all the symphonies, but if you look in the New grove dictionary under Beethoven's works list it should refer you back to these editions.
    Hope you find it

Comment

As far as I know, beethoven wrote (or started to) a symphonie in C (Anhang 1), does anyone know where I could find a recording or the score of it, or wheter it was completed or not?
      "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
        As far as I know, beethoven wrote (or started to) a symphonie in C (Anhang 1), does anyone know where I could find a recording or the score of it, or wheter it was completed or not?
        I've never heard of a recording of whatever fragments of this symphony exist. If it was completed no evidence has survived to prove it as far as I am aware. I believe some of the material was adapted for the 'real' first symphony.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
        X