• Show
Clear All

Rare Page - Sonata for piano (4 hands) in C Op6

Now available to members at
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Good one. I remember when I first started taking piano lessons, my teacher had me do a four hands arrangement of a Beethoven piano piece (with someone else, obviously). We should have just done this one instead. No need to resort to arrangements and simplified versions when there are perfectly good original versions of pieces to play out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
      Good one. I remember when I first started taking piano lessons, my teacher had me do a four hands arrangement of a Beethoven piano piece (with someone else, obviously). We should have just done this one instead. No need to resort to arrangements and simplified versions when there are perfectly good original versions of pieces to play out there.
      Nicely played, though not in what I would call a true Beethoven Allegro molto manner. I agree with the writer of the text that this could have been written for someone specific given it's general simplicity compared to the other opus number works at this time.

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited November 14, 2002).]
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
        Nicely played, though not in what I would call a true Beethoven Allegro molto manner.

I think I should clarify this remark (if anyone's interested!). I think it would be difficult to add more 'molto' to this performance on the modern piano and still maintain any degree of transparency. However I have a number of B's other pieces for piano duet played on a fortepiano whereby the notes can be really zipped out at any volume without the sound becoming muddled or overbearing. This is especially a problem with modern instruments for these duets in my opinion.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
        X