An Intrusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Intrusion

To celebrate the arrival of lovely fall weather (although it's really better suited to springtime), here is the lyrical 'Siegfried Idyll' by Wagner, played by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra under Vernon Handley.

I know I'm intruding something that is not only non-Beethoven, but by one of those dreaded late Romantics. My motives are to perhaps open some ears and minds; to show Wagner is not just heavy and stormy; to shake things up a little here; and simply because I love it. (I hope those who may be offended will simply exercise their option not to listen to it rather than invite me to leave the site.)
    http://www.zigmund.com/SI.mp3

(If you click on it and it fails to start playing but downloads, cancel the download, copy the URL with your mouse, open a player program, click on the File menu, click on Open or Open URL, paste the URL into the space and press the Play arrow.)
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Originally posted by Chaszz:
    To celebrate the arrival of lovely fall weather (although it's really better suited to springtime), here is the lyrical 'Siegfried Idyll' by Wagner, played by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra under Vernon Handley.

I know I'm intruding something that is not only non-Beethoven, but by one of those dreaded late Romantics. My motives are to perhaps open some ears and minds; to show Wagner is not just heavy and stormy; to shake things up a little here; and simply because I love it. (I hope those who may be offended will simply exercise their option not to listen to it rather than invite me to leave the site.)
    http://www.zigmund.com/SI.mp3

(If you click on it and it fails to start playing but downloads, cancel the download, copy the URL with your mouse, open a player program, click on the File menu, click on Open or Open URL, paste the URL into the space and press the Play arrow.)

This isn't a bad work at all. I will look forwards to hearing Handley's interpretation of it.

Comment

Working...
    X