• Show
Clear All

Rare page - WoO157, Nr 9

Now available to members
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Very nice. In fact, this is probably one of my favorite rare page works we have had.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
      Very nice. In fact, this is probably one of my favorite rare page works we have had.
      Well, this cd is excellently recorded and the singing is not bad. Of course the use or authentic instruments adds something too. But I'm not sure I'd rate this arrangement above all the genuine Beethoven pieces we've had on this page!

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

What do this piece's text mean? Is it an hymn from a loving wife to his galant husband or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
          Well, this cd is excellently recorded and the singing is not bad. Of course the use or authentic instruments adds something too. But I'm not sure I'd rate this arrangement above all the genuine Beethoven pieces we've had on this page!
          I wouldn't rate it above the others, if you mean by that that it is a better piece. I just found it very enjoyable. Some of my favorites also were those vocal canons, but I would not say they were the most superior pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
            What do this piece's text mean? Is it an hymn from a loving wife to his galant husband or what?
            Yes I'd say something along those lines, though I suppose the two people concerned could be lovers, not necessarily man and wife.

------------------
            "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited August 27, 2002).]
            http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
            X