• Show
Clear All

Rare page - Opferlied Op121b

Now available to members at
    www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

This is another ravishingly heartfelt piece in B's typical late style that (it almost goes without saying) you will never hear performed. Pity about the warbling soprano in this recording, but the chorus saves it I think.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with receiving this? My computer just whines and won't shut down properly after I attempt a listen.

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:
        Is anyone else having problems with receiving this? My computer just whines and won't shut down properly after I attempt a listen.
        I've just tried downloading it myself and it works fine, so keep trying.

------------------

Comment

Did anyone manage to download this file? Is it not a lovely piece? I though this one would get some comment...unless you've all heard it before!

------------------

Comment

Greetings, all.

I was on vacation last week (hence the sunglasses smilie guy), and I just got back last night. Didn't have the chance to download it until today, but I did, and it is indeed a lovely piece. The chorus is quite good in this recording, I think. The soprano is not the best, true, but she could have been worse. Very good overall.

Comment

As usual my antediluvian machine will not download, but I am very familiar with this piece. I just wish Radio Mozart (my name for the so-called national classical radio service) became aware that there are dozens of sublime unknown pieces by B.
              Keep up the good work, Rod.

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited August 19, 2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
                Greetings, all.

I was on vacation last week (hence the sunglasses smilie guy), and I just got back last night. Didn't have the chance to download it until today, but I did, and it is indeed a lovely piece. The chorus is quite good in this recording, I think. The soprano is not the best, true, but she could have been worse. Very good overall.
                Welcome back. I think everyone was on vacation last week including me.
                I also have to agree on this piece. Very nice, indeed! Have to agree about the soprano too.
                'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
                  As usual my antediluvian machine will not download, but I am very familiar with this piece. I just wish Radio Mozart (my name for the so-called national classical radio service) became aware that there are dozens of sublime unknown pieces by B.
                  Keep up the good work, Rod.

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited August 19, 2002).]
                  I heard Moses owned your computer before you, Michael! Ha! When are you going to invest in a 21st century machine or at least 20th century! I did and am quite happy with it (and it didn't break me either)!

Joy
                  'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
                  X