Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
      Do you know which of the 6 this mp3 is?
      This is ALL of the 6!!!!!

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

So...they all have the same second half?

Comment

So...they all have the same second half?
          So it would seem!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
            The 6 Ecossaises for piano WoO83 are available to members on the rare page
            www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

This is the first of Beethoven's works that I got to learn within the bounds of formal piano study. It is a delightful set of dances and fun to play.

Comment

It sounds fun, actually.

I was wondering about the numbers, because for the version I have been listening to for a while, it was simply called "Ecossaise." Thus, I assumed it was one of the six.

I am not sure which version I like better (the other version was Badura-Skoda). The Brendel is much quicker and after listening to both a few times, I am thinking this is more along the lines of how it should be.

Comment

It sounds fun, actually.

I was wondering about the numbers, because for the version I have been listening to for a while, it was simply called "Ecossaise." Thus, I assumed it was one of the six.

I am not sure which version I like better (the other version was Badura-Skoda). The Brendel is much quicker and after listening to both a few times, I am thinking this is more along the lines of how it should be.
                So it's the first of the six?

Comment

No, I think it's all six.

Comment

No, I think it's all six.
                    But there are no stops between each dance, and all of them have the same ending. I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
                      But there are no stops between each dance, and all of them have the same ending. I don't think so.
                      Well don't you remember the 6 Landler WoO15 we featured a while back? - the same thing applied - all are in the same key and intended to be played without a break.

Some interesting difference between the contredances and the Eccossaises - both are in 2/4 time, but the former usually have a quaver upbeat and the latter do not. Also the set of Eccossaise are entirely in one key whereas the contredances are in contrasting keys.

------------------
                      'Man know thyself'
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

I do think so. These are very short pieces. This is made clear in the text provided.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 07-06-2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
                          I do think so. These are very short pieces. This is made clear in the text provided.

Well, I will trust you, but at least explain me the reason of the absence of stops between each track.

Comment

Well, I will trust you, but at least explain me the reason of the absence of stops between each track.
                            The dances make me think more of a theme with 5 variations, but with each variation (like a chorus) ending with the same passage. As the pieces themselves are very small and in the same key it is reasonable to me that they should be played as one piece. That's how I was taught to play them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:
                              The dances make me think more of a theme with 5 variations, but with each variation (like a chorus) ending with the same passage. As the pieces themselves are very small and in the same key it is reasonable to me that they should be played as one piece. That's how I was taught to play them.
                              And why all of them have the same ending?

Comment

Working...
                              X