Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Page

The song 'Gedenke mein!' WoO 130
    is available on the rare page to members. There is little information available on this fine song, which is typical of the neglect Beethoven's songs have suffered.

www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/rare.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

This is a nice short piece, for those of you who have trouble downloading. But what a wonderful track this is. How much can be said with so little! B wrote a number of very moving songs that are never heard, but there will be more of them here at the rare page.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

I enjoyed this piece immensely. You're right, some of his songs have been neglected so it's a pleasure to have them here on the site and learn more about them. Haven't heard this one before. Enjoyed the translation of the words too. Glad to hear there will be more to come.

Joy
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
        I enjoyed this piece immensely. You're right, some of his songs have been neglected so it's a pleasure to have them here on the site and learn more about them. Haven't heard this one before. Enjoyed the translation of the words too. Glad to hear there will be more to come.

Joy
        This is one of those those pieces that makes you reflect long after that last note has died away. Its shortness only intensifies the feeling.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
          This is one of those those pieces that makes you reflect long after that last note has died away. Its shortness only intensifies the feeling.

You are so right!

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
            You are so right!
            Heck I can't argue with such sensible comments as this Joy. Beethoven presented the original version of this song to publishers Breitkopf and Hartel in 1805. It would be interesting to hear the original alongside this later revision.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
              Heck I can't argue with such sensible comments as this Joy. Beethoven presented the original version of this song to publishers Breitkopf and Hartel in 1805. It would be interesting to hear the original alongside this later revision.

It sure would be interesting to hear the original alongside. Thanks for all the information!

Comment

Working...
              X