Help on a question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on a question!

SITUATION: I am trying to figure this out and I can't remember. I got a forward at one point that said something like, "If you met a woman who has 8 kids, 3 were blind, one was deaf, one had syphilis, blah blah blah, and was pregnant, would you recommend an abortion?" and then at the bottom, it said something like, "If you said yes, you just killed Beethoven".

QUESTION oes anyone here know the actual stats on Beethoven's brothers and sisters? How many there were, what diabilities each one had (if any)? Thanks a lot.
    He who falls and gets back up is ultimately stronger then he who never fell.

There is already a thread on this. You can find it and the answer to your question <a href = "http://www.gyrix.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000243.html">here</a>.

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 04-13-2002).]

Comment

Originally posted by Cornwall:

QUESTION oes anyone here know the actual stats on Beethoven's brothers and sisters? How many there were, what diabilities each one had (if any)? Thanks a lot.
      Of course Beethoven was never deaf as a child in any case.

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
        Of course Beethoven was never deaf as a child in any case.

The children of Johann van Beethoven and Maria Magdalena Keverich:
        1. Ludwig Maria, born 1769, died 1769
        2. Ludwig, born 1770, died 1827
        3. Caspar Anton Carl, born 1774, died 1815
        4. Nikolaus Johann, born 1776, died 1848
        5. Anna Maria Francisca, born 1779, died 1779
        6. Franz Georg, born 1781, died 1783
        7. Maria Margaretha Josepha, born 1786, died 1787.
        Nothing is known about deafness in the family (except our composer, of course). Nothing is known about syfilis in the family. Nothing is known about inborn errors. Nothing is known about the causes of the deaths of # 1, 5, 6 and 7. Caspar Anton Carl died of tuberculosis. Nikolaus Johann most probably simply of old age. Father Johann died of alcohol and heart problems. Mother Maria Magdalena died of tuberculosis.

jev

Comment

Working...
        X