Rare page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter:
    ...It is excellent - interesting to note how the accompanying trio wasn't criticised when you posted the Scottish songs!

One suspect track out of over 20 or so is not bad. I have a somewhat better version by the Castle Trio in any case!

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      One suspect track out of over 20 or so is not bad. I have a somewhat better version by the Castle Trio in any case!

Eh! perhaps I'm showing signs of senility (judging by my forgetting about that CD!) but earlier in this thread you said 'have no fear music fans, you will not find a better version than this one played in such a manner as that - I stake my own life on it!!'

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Eh! perhaps I'm showing signs of senility (judging by my forgetting about that CD!) but earlier in this thread you said 'have no fear music fans, you will not find a better version than this one played in such a manner as that - I stake my own life on it!!'
        Peter you are going senile, that reference was to the dances, not the trio!

------------------

Comment

Peter you are going senile, that reference was to the dances, not the trio!

I'm still confused or completely gone by now! What have you got a better version of by the Castle trio, the Scottish songs or the dances? If it is the dances, what were you referring to by 'you will not find a better version than this one played in such a manner as that - I stake my own life on it!!' ?

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

I'm still confused or completely gone by now! What have you got a better version of by the Castle trio, the Scottish songs or the dances? If it is the dances, what were you referring to by 'you will not find a better version than this one played in such a manner as that - I stake my own life on it!!' ?

With the quote above I was referring to the dances. Only the dances were being discussed at this point.

The track that I was critisising was the trio WoO39 (for being too rushed) which is also on the songs/dances disk!! It is Woo39 that I have a better version of. All of this is quite clear if you read the whole chain again. I can give to the number of a good doctor if you wish?!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 04-25-2002).]

Comment

With the quote above I was referring to the dances. Only the dances were being discussed at this point.

The track that I was critisising was the trio WoO39 (for being too rushed) which is also on the songs/dances disk!! It is Woo39 that I have a better version of. All of this is quite clear if you read the whole chain again. I can give to the number of a good doctor if you wish?!

Well thank you for clearing that up - I dare say you can recommend a good doctor, probably attired in authentic 18th century dress! I can recommend a good optician to you as there are only 15 tracks on the cd, not over 20 which is where I think the confusion crept in.

------------------
              'Man know thyself'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

I can recommend a good optician to you as there are only 15 tracks on the cd, not over 20 which is where I think the confusion crept in.

Making excuses again Peter?! Regardless, it was not my eyes but my memory at fault - I didn't have the cd with me at the time.

------------------

Comment

Making excuses again Peter?! Regardless, it was not my eyes but my memory at fault - I didn't have the cd with me at the time.

I was regarded as the master of excuses at school!

------------------
                  'Man know thyself'
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

The mp3 published contains all the complete 6 landlers or only one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
                      The mp3 published contains all the complete 6 landlers or only one of them?
                      It is the complete set - they are only short pieces that are played without a break.

------------------
                      'Man know thyself'
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

It is the complete set - they are only short pieces that are played without a break.

I see.

Comment

Working...
                        X