No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by musicalmooses:
    (although I had to really hunt for the "Name Day Overature" - but it was worth it). Good luck and enjoy.
    You were lucky to find that, it seems hardly anyone thinks the piece is worth recording. I have a version on Naxos, but it's a really lame and undynamic interpretation (nothing unusual there with Beethoven recordings!!).

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Congratulations, Rod, on opening Page 4. I think this is the longest thread since the forum started - even if it doesn't stick to the one subject. (I had to skim through a couple of the pages as my eyes tended to glaze over.)

Michael

Comment

The recording I have of "Namensfeier" really rocks. Its from VOXBOX and is a 2CD set that packages all the overtures and incidental music that B wrote for stage - features the Minnesota Orchestra under Skrowaczewski Conductor.

Comment

Originally posted by musicalmooses:
          The recording I have of "Namensfeier" really rocks. Its from VOXBOX and is a 2CD set that packages all the overtures and incidental music that B wrote for stage - features the Minnesota Orchestra under Skrowaczewski Conductor.
          Is that set still available? I bought the record edition over 20 years ago!

Comment

I found it a Borders in downtime Boston 2 years ago. Looks like it was digitally remastered in 1993, but you're right it was originally a 1980 recording.

Comment

Working...
            X