I'M BACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'M BACK!

Hello to everyone, and to all of you that don't!

My name is oboe_16, I used to be oboe_15. And used to frequently visit this site and post alot on it too! Unfortunately I had to leave New Zealand for a little while, and had virtually no access to the internet! But I am back now, and in full health! I look forward to posting lots of new topics and replying to them too!

On my travels, I really broadened my musical taste (for all of you that remember that I only liked Tchaikovsky, Greig and Debussy) I still have not caught the "Beethoven fever" but I did give some of his sonatas a go a while back on the piano! But I had a crazy piano teacher that loved my big russian hands and wanted me to play Rachmanninov ALL THE TIME! And surprisingly enough, I still enjoy it!

I had to work alot on the 2nd concerto (the third movement nearly killing me as with the griegs' Pianoconcerto 3rd movement) and to this day, still have not really mastered the third movement in either of them!

But now I think think that you will find me alot more Beethoven inclined, but I still can't live without Debussy, Gieg or Tchaikovsky!

Hope to hear from you all soon! I am really sorry that I have not been here for the last couple of months to stir anyopne up ! lol

But I eagerly await your reply!

Yours scincerely

Oboe_16 aka oboe_15 (had the birthday now!)

[This message has been edited by oboe_16 (edited 03-29-2002).]

[This message has been edited by oboe_16 (edited 03-29-2002).]
    A consistency of excellence can only be achieved by a few gifted musicians!

Welcome back, Oboe 16!
    Where did some of your travels take you?

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 03-30-2002).]
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by oboe_16:

My name is oboe_16, I used to be oboe_15. And used to frequently visit this site and post alot on it too! Unfortunately I had to leave New Zealand for a little while, and had virtually no access to the internet! But I am back now, and in full health! I look forward to posting lots of new topics and replying to them too!

On my travels, I really broadened my musical taste (for all of you that remember that I only liked Tchaikovsky, Greig and Debussy) I still have not caught the "Beethoven fever" but I did give some of his sonatas a go a while back on the piano! But I had a crazy piano teacher that loved my big russian hands and wanted me to play Rachmanninov ALL THE TIME! And surprisingly enough, I still enjoy it!
      Welcome back! And glad to hear you are in full health. I don't think you can go wrong with Debussy, Grieg or Tchaikovsky. Perhaps if you concentrated on the piano works of Beethoven (sonatas, variations) you might find him more enjoyable. My own experience with him started with the piano, but grew into orchestra, then I've reverted back to the piano and nearly ignore the orchestral works--mostly because I am so impressed with the piano literature.

Comment

Well, my travels took me to Samoa, Nemea, Fiji, generally all of the Pacific Islands.

Then off to Papau New Ginea (excuse the spelling) and to see my Granparents in Northern Australia. Then to China, Vietnam and then, after staying there two weeks (and having enough) I went on to Ruissia, And that was where I met "Vasya" an old OLD man that knew Rachmanninov (so he said) and I chose to stay there while I studied with him! Unfortunately I could only stay there fo about 20 days! And then I had to move on or my money would run out! So I needed a place that I was eligable to work in!

But while I was there, I was changed by Mother Russias' magnificent beauty! How both cruel and kind she could be overwhelmed me! And as my New Zealand music teacher said "No one teaches Rach better than the Russians!"

It was just amazing! I mean, I think the Rach. 3 is just a WEE bit far away! Has anyone in this room ever played it?

But anyway, the I flew to Egypt, found it too hot, then flew to New York (and though I was going to die on the way because it was soooo bumpy) and saw a bit of Los Angeles, and was annoyed that I was able to go the White House! I have always wanted to! ANd did a big raod trip up the States and finally to Canada!

After that, I flew to London Airport, then home to little old New Zealand! Unfortunately, I did not have the money to stay longer in Europe! But the other countries had to take priority! And there is always a next time!

Hope to see all you one day! When I travel; next after University!

Oboe_16

------------------

Comment

My travels have taken me about as far as the grocery store. Well, that's not really true - I have been to Canada, if you can call that traveling for an American. And I have also been to St. Lucia and Barbados.

My aunt is the traveler of the family. She's in Germany at this very moment!

Comment

Oboe 16,
            That all sounds incredible. You have certainly seen the world! I'm curious, why couldn't you tour the White House? What did you think of the U.S?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
              My travels have taken me about as far as the grocery store. Well, that's not really true - I have been to Canada, if you can call that traveling for an American. And I have also been to St. Lucia and Barbados.

My aunt is the traveler of the family. She's in Germany at this very moment!
              Chris,
              I've been to Canada, Mexico, and 48 of the 50 states, so I've done quite a bit of traveling over the years.
              What part of Germany is your Aunt visiting?
              Any Beethoven sites?

Joy

Comment

No, she's no fan of classical music. She's just visiting friends (I forget where, exactly).

And I've lived in a lot of the 50 states, I just didn't take many trips

Which are the two you haven't been to?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
                  No, she's no fan of classical music. She's just visiting friends (I forget where, exactly).

And I've lived in a lot of the 50 states, I just didn't take many trips

Which are the two you haven't been to?
                  Too bad you're Aunt's not interested in the Beethoven sites. She could have taken a lot of pictures for you.
                  The two states I haven't been are Alaska and Hawaii - big surprise, right? I've lived in the Midwest and now out West. Where around the country have you lived and what areas did you like the most?

Joy

Comment

Ummm...I just re-read the rules of the Forum, and I have to day that I am so sorry! I BROKE one! I am really sorry, i didn't mean to!

It stipulates that you can only use ONE forum name! And Although I no-longer use "Oboe_15" does that still count! I suppose it can be easlily deleted by one of the Administrators!

But my most scincerest of apologies! It is just that after I came back, I forgot all of my passwords and names etc, so i had to re-invent a name! And I just changed it to suit my age.

So sorry.

Oboe_16/15

------------------

Comment

That rule is meant to prevent people from pretending to be two or more different people. Since you announced you were also oboe_15, and furthermore don't use both at the same time, you haven't broken the rule - at least, not the spirit of the rule. Don't worry about it

Comment

Working...
                      X