Forum Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pearle View Post

No. I tried to log in with my Megan account, but it didn't take me in, or accept my password, and this forum only gives you 5 goes to try and log in, once you have used up your 5 tries, then we have to wait I think for 15 minutes. I didn't notice an option to recover password, probably because I am to impatient. Another forum I go on is like that. But I'm ok with this one.
    Don't worry, we can fix this. I've sent you a private message, so check that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Yes, the smilies were all broken - I had to fix them.

And I tried to get rid of the "Like" button, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it
      Oh, but I do like the like button! Thanks for finding a way to not get rid of it.
      Last edited by Harvey; 06-14-2021, 05:10 PM.
      "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
      --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

Yes, the smilies were all broken - I had to fix them.

And I tried to get rid of the "Like" button, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it
        Awww.

Comment

Don't worry, we can fix this. I've sent you a private message, so check that.
          I'm back in Chris... thanks.
          Can we opt out of the facebook share?
          ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post

I'm back in Chris... thanks.
            Can we opt out of the facebook share?
            I don't care for that either, and I believe they can be turned off.

What does everyone else think about the Facebook and Twitter buttons?

Comment

Not a fan of either so happy for them to go.
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

OK, the Facebook and Twitter share buttons are gone, and Megan has her old account back.

I think everything is sorted out now except for fixing the search.

Comment

Get rid of both.
                  "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
                  --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

Update - Step 1 is complete!

Before doing anything else, I had to upgrade the forum to the latest version of vBulletin 3, which I have now done. Nothing should seem different, so if you see anything different or unusual, please let me know.
                    The only difference I see is that in the old version current posts were listed first. But on this version they are listed last so you need to scroll down to read the latest post reply.

"God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post

The only difference I see is that in the old version current posts were listed first. But on this version they are listed last so you need to scroll down to read the latest post reply.
                      The default was always that newest posts appear last. You must have changed that setting in the old version. If you click "Latest Activity" at the top of the page, you will see the newest posts first.

Comment

The default was always that newest posts appear last. You must have changed that setting in the old version. If you click "Latest Activity" at the top of the page, you will see the newest posts first.
                        Thank you Chris for setting me straight. I did what you suggested and now I am happy as a clam. Danke!
                        "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Working...
                        X